Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How To Get New Samples To Loop On Beat

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Okay guys here's one for ya...

So i took C&C Music Factory "Everybody" original 113bpm and created a sample "Everybody". How do I get it to loop on beat? I thought the sampler automatically beatsync'd the sample. I am playing a 130bpm tribal drum track and looped the sample but it gets off beat. Is this even possible? It seems the samples that came with the software stay on beat.

Thanks!!!

-Jay

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 8:38 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Well, going from a 113 to a 130 might be a bit much for what VDJ is designed to do. Its a DJ program, not a production program. Your asking for it too loop 17 BPMs different and on beat for you?? I would suggest utilizing a different program for that type of work......

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 8:50 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Play the oroginal at 130bpm and create your loop

Still not easy to sync. In fact I'm sure if it works at all. Never seem to work for me

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 4:47 am
I have asked a similar question and got no answer so actually i am 'kicking it old school' triggering the beat. Mixing it and recording what i want the saving that to play latter

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 12:57 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what are you on about?

if you record it as a loop and you have the BPM grid set right on the track you are recording it off it will record (by default) 4 beats when you press the record loop button. This will then sync (if you have beatlock selected) to the active deck (assuming youve got the BPM grid set right. 113 to 130 is no problem.

if you record it as a 'jingle' this is designed as a 'one shot' sample and not meant to be looped or played in time. you do have the option to loop these but there is no guarantee that it will stay in time if you do.

if 4 beats is too long for your sample you can use the normal deck looper to get the loop you are looking for (on the active deck) and then press the record loop button of a free sample and that loop you have going on the actie deck will be recorded instantly to the sample (you dont have to wait for it to play out to be recorded, its copied straight there.)

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 5:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)