Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CDJ working with VDJ Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a pair of Pioneer CDJ-800 right now that I use for major events but I have a friend that want to try out the VDJ product and was looking to get some low scale CDJ's such as Stanton C324 or some Gemini CFX20 are the 2 we found in his price range. I told him Im not to sure if they are as highly rated as the CDJ's I use which are not the best in the game but works for me, but ill ask some folks i know would have better knowledge of this matter.

Point of the post...are either one of these compatable with the VDJ program? If not what else would be needed to work off a DELL Laptop? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 9:41 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

The Stanton C324 or the Gemini's will both work with Timecodes and soundcard, maya for example.

Personally I would go with the Stanton's.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:14 am
Timecodes? is that another VDJ program or somthing within the VDJ pro hes purchase already?

so with VDJ Pro you cant link the CDJ's to control the program running on the laptop

is there a link for Timecodes or something to read up on?

External Sound, laptop, mixer, output device, cdj's, and timecodes he could jam the basement for now?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:25 am
Timecoded cds/vinyl allow the software to play the music while still allowing you to use your turntables/cdj's

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:35 am
VirtualDJ has the option to allow you to use Timecodes with the program (Sound Setup tab of Config)

DJSpecter wrote :
Timecoded cds/vinyl allow the software to play the music while still allowing you to use your turntables/cdj's

You can download the Timecode to burn on a CD from this website.

You have to use your CDJ's of turntables in conjunction with a 4 input/4 output Asio soundcard, like the ESI Maya 44 usb, and a external mixer.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:39 am
I've got a pair of c.314's (same as c.324's with a few less features) running timecodes and they're pretty decent. Of course he'll need a 4 in 4 out soundcard and an external mixer plus the software (timecode cd's are available free on this site). Alot of users here use the maya 44 USB as a soundcard and pretty much any DJ mixer will work for home use;^]

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:40 am
timecode a pluging that would allow the uses of the CDJ to control the music from the source being the laptop?

was reading on the maya44...mmm..not to many good reviews on that product...I guess the search for a good USB card is also in the mix now. any suggestion?

the key spec seems to be 4/4 ok thanks alot family

yeah I was feeling the Stratons myself. I cant be allow folks to play around on my cdj's...only pair i have right now.

thats why im trying so hard to help him get set up so we can play on his cdjs and work on mines

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:40 am
The Timecode option is PART of VirtualDJ, no plugin is needed. Just a change in the Sound setup. Your laptop will still run VirtualDJ, but the timecodes will control the music side.

As for the Maya, I have one, yes it's a low grade card, but I haven't had any faults with mine!!!

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:44 am
oh ok...thanks ...so missing is just the soundcard....cool.

thanks once again...ill research a few with the 4/4 connection and suggest the Stratons for CDJ's

thanks J

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:47 am
JCJayHome userMember since 2008
On the note of timecodes, anyone know if a NI Traktor timecoded vinyl can be used with Virtual DJ???

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 5:47 pm
anyone know of some sites that sell such soundcards with 4in and 4out as the maya 44?

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 6:13 am
Just a quick question which id really appreciate if i could get an answer for - if im using the stanton c324's with a timecode cd, will i still be able to use the hot cue functions without messing up the timecode signal? I love messing around and beat drumming with the stantons built in cue buttons so i hope i can still use them when playing my mp3's on virtual dj.
Thanks

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 7:33 am
Just a quick question which id really appreciate if i could get an answer for - if im using the stanton c324's with a timecode cd, will i still be able to use the hot cue functions without messing up the timecode signal? I love messing around and beat drumming with the stantons built in cue buttons so i hope i can still use them when playing my mp3's on virtual dj.
Thanks

My setup:
Stanton C 324's
Hercules Rmx
VDJ using timecode

THe stantons work flawlessly for me w/timecode. Ive tried using the hot cue functions on the stantons w/timecode but it always seems to be off by a mili second. Its not as bad in absolute mode but its not perfect at all so I use the hercules for hot cues. My problem may be my processor speed, Im not sure. Wait im thinking about using the cues on the stantons themselves if you talking about hot cues in vdj, yes the work without messing up the timecode signal. But functions on the stanton like touch rewind dont work as good as I would like. If you havent bought the stantons yet I would recommend checking out the Denon 1200's, theyre str8 midi so no need for timecode and im sure everything will sync the way you want it. Theres also a skin for the denon 1200's so they maybe better for you. I havent had the chance to spin on the denons but from the specs they seem worth it. WIsh i wouldve got the denons instead.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 4:48 pm
I use the baby brother, the Stanton c.304's with a Native Instruments Audio4DJ soundcard. Works like a charm for me. The NI card is a rather affordable 4/4 soundcard option that yields positive results. I mostly hot cue from my Total Control unit to be sure it does just what I want it to do. But I have used VDJ in Smart Mode rather than Absolute, and used the hot cues on the Stanton with pretty good results. Haven't done it enough to have enough confidence to play out live like that just yet, but I have had rather good results testing it out.

Posted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 7:51 pm
ropotheHome userMember since 2009
Can any cdj work with timecodes i have gemini cdj 203 help please

Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 8:16 pm
What timecodes should i use the pro or the other one if im using staton c.324

Posted Thu 22 Jul 10 @ 4:57 am
I just used a stanton digipak c.324 bundle today. In regards to timecodes use the non pro one. it worked like a dream but as always you'll need a little debugging. the c.324 is not a bad cd player not buy a long shot. it's no CDJ2000, but still it's a great piece of hardware. I'm buying 2 shortly.

Posted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 9:39 pm
Will a Gemini CDJ 203 work on a laptop?

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 2:32 am
Please don't dig old long dead threads to ask an unrelated question.

Answer = no, because it doesn't have USB.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 18 @ 5:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)