Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Audigy 2 ZS Notebook ? Anyone tried it with VDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello guys!

Has anyone tried this new PCMCIA-card from Creative with VDJ? Comments?
Retail price: around $120

Cheers!

Jim

http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=10769

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook

For the First Time Ever, Premium Sound Blaster Quality for Your Notebook - At Home or On-the-Go!

The PCMCIA Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS Notebook opens a new era of possibilities for the notebook user. It delivers features previously only available to PC users but now available to notebook users (even those that are highly mobile). This is achieved by combining ultra-high quality audio with advanced, hardware-accelerated features all in a tiny PCMCIA format card! For instance it delivers THX® certified 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ audio quality playback with incredible 104dB SNR, allowing the highest resolution audio playback with support for DVD-Audio at up to 24-bit/192kHz and Windows Media 9: 24-bit multi-channel audio format.

The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook also provides encompassing 7.1 surround sound for Dolby® Digital EX as well as DTS-ES™ supported DVD movies; any DirectSound3D games and CMSS 3D virtualized 7.1 stereo music. Gamers will love the hardware accelerated EAX® 4.0 ADVANCED HD™ that not only brings games to life, but delivers maximum performance! Musicians will also enjoy true 24-bit recording and low latency ASIO support for the ultimate audio recording platform. Notebook audio just got very, very interesting!

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 8:27 pm
lkaplanPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:56 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Ikaplan...

im really interested in buying this soundcard but just curious how you map the sound on vdj?
it only outputs Left & Right channel yeah?

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 11:25 am
I chose the 4.1 soundcard option but it functions just the same as the USB version. I'm still playing around with it. It comes with a "docking cable" with 3 outputs. I only use one of the 3 ends and send each speaker to it's own individual channel. I try to keep it simple. You can prelisten using VDJ. I really like this card and think it will turn out to be a very competitor for the Maya 44.

Here's my specs:

Compaq NC6000 laptop
1.8 Ghz
768 mb Ram
DVD/CDRW drive
80 Gb Hard Drive
VDJ 2.0
Cakewalk Sonar 4.0
NI Traktor 2.0
Line6 Guitar Port
Sound Forge 7.0
Acid Pro 5.0

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 3:05 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks Ika...

I've bought it off your recommendation on ebay for $95... bit of a bargain I thought!

I'll post if I have any problems... looking forward to seeing it through the mail :)

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 4:21 am
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
my 2 cent
creative product isn't pro!!

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 5:53 am
I agree - there are other cards available with better signal-noise ratios than the Audigy series, but for the average VDJ user, the Audigy card is a good deal and does what I need it to do - it allows me to DJ live with minimal equipment to bring. The sound is fantastic.

It's really a matter of what works for you in your situation. Originally, I had some concerns about the Audigy notebook card (signal-noise ratio, ASIO driver compatability, etc) but after making the purchase I'm very happy with my decision.

One thing to remember - Defrag the hard drive frequently if you're a heavy VDJ user. Diable antivirus, wifi, and other non-eseential startup applications. 512 MB - 1 GB of RAM is good too.

Hope this helps,

LK

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 5:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)