Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: few questions before upgrading to Vdj Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjZenHome userMember since 2005
Hi,

I have been familiar with vdj and a member since 05. I was not very active until recently i decided to invest in Hercules Rmx controller. Let me say this about it, it is a very powerful and a fun toy. It has very basic but useful features. Sound card option is good. I currently have bose speakers connected through rca inputs. The feel of it is very durable and so far im happy with it. My only concern is the trial period vdj because im not sure what im missing. I know i can download the pro trial version, but in a nutshell i need to understand the difference.

Before i upgrade here are my questions:

Are there major benefits in upgrading to pro other then being able to download skins and effect?

Will there be a sound quality difference?

Are the features that you get with pro worth a difference that an upgrade is a must?

Will it make me breakfast?

Now, before the answers, maybe i should mention what i use it for. I use FL Studio and Garageband to make songs/beats. My friends will stop by and freestyle a few tracks. I will then put the two together and thats pretty much it. I will add a few basic flanger effets and slice up the beat by using the loop feature. Im no "producer" nor that is my goal, but i enjoy doing it and i want to someday be better then i am right now. That sums it up, any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 7:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DjZen wrote :
Are there major benefits in upgrading to pro other then being able to download skins and effect?

Are the features that you get with pro worth a difference that an upgrade is a must?

Yes, unlimited free lifetime updates, and the respect of the developers and member of this community.

Sound quality no, but unlimited use of the time code feature if you so choose to go that route in the future.

Yes, I think being pro is a must. But, I am just a humble professional DJ with 25 years experience.

No, breakfast is still up to you to make/purchase....but outside of that, its all good... ;-)

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 8:57 pm
DjZen wrote :

Yes, unlimited free lifetime updates, and the respect of the developers and member of this community.

Sound quality no, but unlimited use of the time code feature if you so choose to go that route in the future.

Yes, I think being pro is a must. But, I am just a humble professional DJ with 25 years experience.

No, breakfast is still up to you to make/purchase....but outside of that, its all good... ;-)

Thanks for your response.

To upgrade to Pro, it costs $49 correct?

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 11:31 am
oops i think i forgot 1 infront of 49.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 11:33 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DjZen wrote :

Yeah it will cost you $149 with the RMX discount, not bad really :)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 11:35 am
DjZen wrote :

Yeah it will cost you $149 with the RMX discount, not bad really :)

thanks, i will get it. Not now, but once i get a better feel for the product.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 12:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)