Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ Skin Maker (continued...) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK everyone, First I would like to apoligize and say Thank You at the same time to everyone that has been waiting for the VDJ Skin Maker application, I really do appericate all of your support in the past few months. For those that do not know, I had (still have) some family issues that have been keeping me very busy.

OK, now to the updates that everyone really wants to know about. DJ in Norway contacted me today, and well lets just say that after talking with him. I have decided to finish the VDJ Skin Maker Application in the next couple of weeks. Yeah!

I will Post all my progress here in this thread from now on.

If there is anyone out there that would like to be part of this project please contact me. I could use all the help I can get.

Here is what I am looking for.

Visual Basic 5, or 6 Programmers
Visual Basic .NET Programmers
Graphic Artist's
And hopefully in the next week I will need a few people to test the application before it is released.

my email address is in my profile if anyone could/wants to help

Thanks, and please keep checking in this thread for any new posts on project updates

-DJ JaK

PS if anyone that has used the BETA version that was posted and you have any ideas please let me know ASAP as if it isn't too hard of a task it may be added to this version.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 3:42 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Thanks to come back to this project. I should have helped you but i don't have time for the moment. Besides i'm programming in visual c++ (.Net) and rarely vb .net

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 4:23 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just know a litlle about C++ ... I don't know VB. Sorry.
Thanks for all your work.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 9:37 am
Hey JaK

Good to hear you're ok. I'll be contacting you by email hopefully soon, as I've been using the BETA version as an aid to my skin designs and wouldn't mind doing any graphics and testing work you need. Sorry, not a programmer though !
Take care, look foward to hearing from you soon.

Clint.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 6:22 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Good to hear from you Jak! I haven't tested the beta version yet, really don't have much time to work with interface part of VDJ (currently bussy with final exams). Hope I'll try it in near future (if it's still on the web), and I'm still looking forward to this software very much.

Hope you'll solve those family problems as soon and as good (for all) as possible!

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 8:59 pm
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Having a nice expertise in VB6 programming....
Willing to help you out, just mail me....
yves.mulkers@bigfoot.com

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 10:26 pm

glad to hear app is back on track ;)

I could help with graphics, but is not to often online... but can when I am

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 12:42 pm
Hey JaK all good news.

I dunno if you got the email I sent but unfortunately since installing the beta BETA I've never had the app working properly, every time you perform an action in it eg drawing a button or browser I get an error message.

At first I thought it was a corrup install so removed and reinstalled, but still no joy, any ideas??

I'm still willing to help on the testing side - If I can ever get it installed lol.

Ross.

Happy New Year btw.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 4:59 am
What OS are you using? I haven't had the time to test it on any other OS then Windows XP, 2000, 2003. It was created using .NET and I am not sure if Microsoft has the runtime files need for any OS below those. But have no fear I will have a working version by the middle of the week. Since all the snow we got in NYC this weekend, I had plenty of time to work on the internal workings of the App.

-Jak

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 4:03 am
VDJ Skin Maker Progress Update:

Like I said I will post all my progress here.

Well here it is. I had a good weekend working on the application and I have most of the XML Part of the application out of the way. I am going to try and finish that part tonight. Once that is finished I can start on the graphics part of the application (drawing button, sliders, etc...). That shouldn't be too much. SO I am hoping to have the application finished within a couple of days.

-JaK

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 11:38 pm
thanx jak, for continuing this project :)

Posted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 12:30 pm
JaK - I'm running Win 2K on SP4 fully patched, all latest drivers...you know the score...lol

Posted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 1:53 pm
DJ Ross,

You souldn't have any problems then. I know you must be anxious to use the app but if you wait until I get this version out I will for sure look into your problem.

When I create the setup package for Skin maker I will include the lastest .NET runtime files, that may help and if you continue to still have problems I will look into it.

-JaK

Posted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 3:03 pm
Just as a note, I know that the .NET Framework is compatible with Win98 as well. I don't know about Win95 though, but it should be compatible with WinME, since it's compatible with Win98.

macourteau

Posted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 10:03 pm
macourteau,

You are correct about the .NET Framework being supported by win 98. But some of the service packs may not be installed on that version of the OS. It can be hard for a software developer to determine this, so.

You can check here what version of the .NET Framework is installed. (and service packs for the .NET Framework)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318785

It may seem like a lot of work for anyone with an OS below XP,2000 but it will insure that you can install and use any applications developed with the .NET Framework

-JaK

PS - I am developing with the .NET 2.0 Framework Installed.

That can be downloaded here (26mb) sorry for the large download. Like I said when I release the software I will included the latest updates with the setup package.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b7adc595-717c-4ef7-817b-bdefd6947019&DisplayLang=en

Posted Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 11:57 pm
Progress Update.

I am 98% finished with the XML part, I have also started on the Graphics part of the application. At this point I can gaurantee a working application by tomorrow night (Thursday). How can I do that you ask? Well, it is really quite simple. I have a finished application I just have to tie a few loose ends together and that should only take me a few hours.

-JaK

Posted Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 2:51 am
UPdate...

OK, VDJ Skin maker is almost complete. I am at work right now (working hard as you can tell). I will have the application finished by tonight (5-7pm est.). There are a few things I could use if anyone is interested in helping. If someone would like to create a splash screen for the application that would be great.

A splash screen is the first screen you see when an application is loading, usually a nice graphical screen telling the user the name of the app and other information.

there are some rules if you so decide to take on that project. First do not use Atomix's Name on the graphic as they have not offically desinated this application as one of thier products (yet!).

the graphics size must be 400pxls Wide and 300pxls High. the only reason I use these specs is to keep it uniform if there are multible submissions to me.

Please keep the graphic in BMP (bitmap) format.

The name of the Application is "VDJ Skin maker", please do not put any other information (text) on the graphic. I will include your name and what ever else you want in the about form and the credits.

ah, Please make sure you send me what you would like to be said about yourself in the credits.

My email address is in my profile, please email it to me there, and please zip it up.

I don't need the splash screen right away but ASAP would be great.

Now to some notes about the application:

First, it is working, I have tested it. But I cannot for see every error that may happen, and there may be a few things I have forgotten. I will get them fixed as soon as I hear about them. I need anyone using the application to notify me about the errors or lack of functionality as soon as it is encountered.

Due to the lack of time I have put into the application it will remain a work in progress. That does not meen you will not be able to create/complete/compile projects. all that meens is that you should check for updates everytime you come across an error.

I would like one of the VDJ Staff to contact me about possibly getting the application on the Virtual DJ web site, but for now I will post it on my web site (not till tonight though) please don't go to my web site till I post a message here that it is up.

-JaK

Posted Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 6:39 pm
It is Up the link is:

jacksputer.dnsalias.com/vdjsm/

Please, please Please email me and let me know you downloaded it. and if you experience any problems please email them to me or post them in this thread of the fourm. I would prefer that you email it to me so that we do not clutter this message board.

-JaK

PS to OPEN an existing XML Virtual DJ skin project. click Open project, Select "All Files" and make sure you select the XML file.

(I will fix that later tonight)

PS Enjoy

Posted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 1:39 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Downloading.

I'm new to skin making, but I'll give it a look. Thanks for the work.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 6:23 pm
Hey JaK !

Great to come back to the forum after a couple of days to find out you've got a working copy done of this program already! I've just downloaded it and will test it out over the next few days. First thing i noticed is that it would be good to be able to change the colour of your button markers that appear on your skin, as I'm working with a pale design at the moment and its hard to see the default yellow outline colour. Also, I whipped up a couple of splash screens for you to take a look at but cant find your email address? I know i cant post my email address on here without it getting deleted from the post. Any ideas?? Maybe put it on your site ??

Regards,

Clint.

Posted Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 3:34 am
80%