Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Strange noise on sliders

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

badbeatHome userMember since 2008
Hi I am new to this forum so I don’t know if this has been answered before but when I am mixing on my laptop and I have the slider say for deck 1 down and bring the bass knob down as well deck 2 is playing fine.
But when I then bring the slider for deck 1 up or the bass knob I get a strange noise much like well the only way to describe it is like a FRAT the slower I bring them up the more noticeable it is. It is the same on deck 2 if deck 1 is playing at the time. Is this a common fault or have set it up wrong.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 5:02 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Untick the safe mode in the performances setting in VDJ config. Set auto to latency.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 5:31 am
Thanks a lot no more noise on sliders or the knobs did you mean set the latency to auto? But I do have another problem don’t know if you are able to help some times if I minimize VDJ or start from my desktop icon on my laptop it shuts down my laptop and turns it off it is probably another setting problem or the end user me lol.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 8:14 am
Hi badbeat, yes set latency to auto.

What version are u using n what OS n what is ur system specs?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 12:13 pm
Hi SpinnaJ I have got VDJ version 5.2 and Windows Vista Home Premium with Intel core 2 duo 1.66Mhz 2.00 Gb ram

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 12:41 pm
Try this. uninstalled n reinstalled the trial on admin. Im not so well versed on Vista OS. It might help tho. N this shutting down i assume on the default skin?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 12:45 pm
Hi can anyone help I am just starting out mixing but do not have a mixer yet can anyone suggest a good but cheap mixer to start out with that works with VDJ. I am running VDJ version 5.2 and Windows Vista Home Premium with Intel core 2 duo 1.66Mhz 2.00 Gb ram

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 10:25 am
Please ignore last message put it in the wrong place

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 10:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)