Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does Virtual DJ 5 + Hercules console RMX only work seamlessly on dual core pc? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
fullblast22 wrote :
Processes shouldnt affect the software...the reason why i disabled a core is because I noticed exactly when the mixer crashes. I used tcv's with the RMX, and everytime I get very busy cutting and switching song very fast...flatline. I figured it was a power issue, istant processes in the software require more a lil more CPU usage, more power. Therefor, after galopping on several forums, I decided to kill one of the cores lol. I wonder if that wil solve it for the bcd3000...

by the way, does anybody know how often you gotta be around here so you can unlock the "secret" forums ? lol

The RMX is not really the best ASIO soundcard for fast "cutting and switching" You would be better served to invest in a higher end sound card. Like the Audio8 or maya....

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 5:04 pm
Okay, so now I've tried a dual core laptop with a 2.00 GHz processor and 2 GB RAM and guess what... It still doesn't work! Now I don't have continuous skipping once per 4 beats but instead, with intervals of about a minute, the song suddenly crashes for 1 or 2 seconds: a horrible buzzing, screeching sounds, the song loses almost all of its tempo,... When it goes away, everything seems normal again, until one minute later and then the same thing happens...

I've installed the latest drivers, latest vdj, tried other USB cables, tried other USB ports, I've tried it with power cable, without power cable, I've shut down other programs that work in the background, I've watched the CPU activity (it always stays at about 25%-30%), I've tried playing MP3 files, I've tried playing cd's... I'm just desperate right now, for the past few days, I've visited almost every forum or website that just says anything about this kind of problem with the RMX/VDJ software and I did find people with similar problems, but their problem never got solved...

And while all that is happening on laptops, my RMX just seems to work fine on my desktop -_-'

A few posts ago, I mentioned something about no hate feelings towards VDJ, but I'm really starting to reconsider that right now, I guess even the title I made for this topic isn't correct anymore, because it DOESN'T even work seamlessly on a dual core pc...

And yes, hurray, I still have a warranty, but all they can do is give me a new RMX and that isn't gonna solve my problem

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 11:53 am

I have used the "DPC Latency Checker" (see an earlier posting) and indeed, I had many "red spikes". BTW thanks for this tip, the "DPC Latency Checker" is a good tool to predict if you will be able to play "skip-free" music. I started to disable device in Device Manager. So I disabled:
1. All network adapters (Wired, wireless, Bluetooth)
2. Firewire (1394)
3. The "battery" driver (It is amazing how much latency the stupid battery driver generates, only to display the battery left information!)

After all this, I have successfully played music with VDJ with no interruptions on Vista on a Dell Vostro laptop! Probably running XP, I would have to disable less devices ...

For all of you who have problems with skipping, get "DPC Latency Checker" and start disabling un-needed devices until there are no more "red bars".

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 3:49 pm
pmarcovi wrote :

I have used the "DPC Latency Checker" (see an earlier posting) and indeed, I had many "red spikes". BTW thanks for this tip, the "DPC Latency Checker" is a good tool to predict if you will be able to play "skip-free" music. I started to disable device in Device Manager. So I disabled:
1. All network adapters (Wired, wireless, Bluetooth)
2. Firewire (1394)
3. The "battery" driver (It is amazing how much latency the stupid battery driver generates, only to display the battery left information!)

After all this, I have successfully played music with VDJ with no interruptions on Vista on a Dell Vostro laptop! Probably running XP, I would have to disable less devices ...

For all of you who have problems with skipping, get "DPC Latency Checker" and start disabling un-needed devices until there are no more "red bars".

work

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 3:57 am
jacksonControlleristMember since 2003
pmarcovi you are a genius at last it work s !

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 2:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)