Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Noise When Platter Stops

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all!
I'm a turntable novice. I've been using the Home Edition for a couple of years w/ just a laptop & indigo dj. I am interested in upgrading. I wanted to get into using vinyl. So, downloaded the trial & connected to my tt200 w/ Maya44 & mixer. I have Numark Groovetool carts. My laptop is admitedly old but clean. I initally tried VDJ timecodes & after reading forum after forum, couldn't get a signal (at all). Ran back to local dj shop & bought Serato tcv. I now have 100% both sides. My problem now is that when I place my hand on the platter, the track jumps around and sometimes moves backwards (the scratchy noise is deafning). Tracks won't go backwards when I move to platter to start a cue (when I backspin the track moves forward). I've read & read forums and inserts & instructions. I'm so confused about what the problem is. I don't know if it's the tonearm weight, the carts, the laptop. I've moved around the settings (pitch sensitivity, gains, absolute, smart, etc).

The tt's are connected via line in & riaa checked. I've tried all of the "sound problems" suggestions from the forums that I could find to no avail. I'm frustrated and about to give up. Can anyone point me to the problem?

My laptop details are P4 180 GHz 1 GB Ram

I was hoping that this laptop would allow me to dj for awhile longer before upgrading it too. I'm a blending dj. No cutting & scratching (which is also why I opted for the Groovetool for starters - aside from my budget :-)

Any ideas are much appreciated.

DJChelley

PS: I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong place. I didn't want y'all to fuss at me for double posting. :-0

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 9:37 am
Man, I can't believe this. No ideas.... I'm disappointed. I uninstalled the demo that I got from download.com and am moving on. I think I'll buy Ms. Pinkys, Deckadance or something other than this. No upgrade purchase from me.

Thanks guys. Moderator, please close this one.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 11:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)