Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SOUNDBLASTER 2 ZS multi outputs, any ideas please ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all

been using a soundblaster 2 audigy card for years and still beleive this is one of the best sounding and best quality cards
creative/soundblaster have ever made !!

And i know there will be alot of people saying soundblaster crap ... go professional not home pc rubbish etc.

but to be honest, I love this card, I like the build quality and more importantly I like the sound quality from this card both in virtual DJ and also outside of virtual dj, and I still think this card takes alot of beating, though i know its not a (flat sounding) so called professioanl studio card! at 100's of pound, though new this card was £170

but my biggest problem is getiing virtual DJ to work correctly under the sound config it just will not seperate left deck to one set of stereo outputs and the right deck to the other set of stereo outs, and boy have i tried everything...

Im using sound blaster audigy 2 zs drivers, and have tried every type of setting and tried every output socket but both decks only come through one output, its driven me crazy and has for the past year, still can't crack this yet !

any ideas how to get multi sound outputs from this great card using viryal DJ

thanks

John

Posted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 9:03 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
what settings are you using in sound set up

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 5:26 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if you could copy and paste and show your set up please...

inputs >

outputs >

soundcard(s) >

soundcard >

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 5:33 am
Thank Tayla

For your reply, you started my thinking !!!

Cos this problem has bugged me ever since I purchased Virtual DJ, could only get combined sound from both decks out of one output on my sound card

and boy did I try every config combo in virtual DJ... But never any JOY!!

anyway I have cracked it ! and this info may be helpful to others with Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS cards

after going deep into the sound config drivers on the PC I found an option to change the speaker mode on the sound audigy 2zs card to either stereo, 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 speaker configuation.

Guess what it was set to, yes.. you got it... Stereo meaning only one of my output sockets on the card was active and the other two sockets dead!!

no wonder I was getting strange quality / strange effects when changing the config audio settings in virtual DJ, with only one socket working on the sound card ! (out of phaze effects / muffeled / low on one side / distorted / etc)

But now I have 3 stereo indpendent channels from Virtual DJ, He He !

This is the first time I can actualy mix two independent signals from virtual DJ into, two mixer inputs, I am even going one stage further and taking the samples 3rd channel to my mixer to, just because I like lots of wires !!.

before I had to use the volumes on virtual DJ to mix two trax.... not now, even more fun for me!

This may help others, don't forget to take the creative windows sound drivers out of stereo mode (2 Channel)

AND I STILL THINK THIS CARD TAKES A LOT OF BEATING FOR SUPRIOR SOUND QUALITY, and matches every other pro card I have listened to

Regards

John

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 2:24 pm
marcellodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I have this card myself.. And I love it.. !

Until now I've used it for audio/video editing and gaming. But now I will try to hook it up with virtual dj and test it. Do you have any experience with timecodes and Audigy2?

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 3:35 pm
Sorry

No experience with time codes (sorry) but what a most delightful sound coming from virtual DJ !! (Hi Fi at it best)

and this will take me on to my next post (lossless audio files),

This is by far the best card Creative have ever made, much better that the new crap they have in the shops (I have tried the new creative products and they sound crap !!)

The new card makes MP3's sound better, with some clever new algorythum, but it makes real music (wavs) sound rubbish (no good for the pro)
plus I can not stand mp3s

after all.... you can not get a pint of water in to a half pint glass!!

the same applies to wavs vs mp3, (there's alot missing in even the highest bit rate mp3s !!) though most people either don't care or can't hear the difference. (shame)

even the very best mp3 encoder from franhoffer can't match the original wav recording

I have four of these cards and will not part with them ever !!

Good luck with hooking them upto virtual DJ

This card work fine with virtual DJ, and no one needs look any further for a better sounding card !

YES A BRASH BIG STATEMENT, BUT YES ALSO VERY TRUE,

I AM A AUDIO PHILE !! and it take a lot to impress me, and this card does

regards

John

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 4:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)