Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Wanna share my most bad experience when djing:( - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
tayla wrote :
just not your weekend mate, nor mine, i was expecting to come away with three points today, lol.

lol... yeah, the toons played well, so do the red devils.. hehe,,, not our wkend;)

@djderricke, thanks for the recommendations. I definately will buy the stand with clamp. Don't want the same things happen again.

@jimmy, yeh mate my bruises seem ok now n my leg feel better now.Thanks.

Thanks to all n have a nice day.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 4:36 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djderricke wrote :
Check out the stands on djdeals.com. They have the kind that CLAMP to the table, and your laptop clamps onto the stand. That way, nothing will knock it over.

must check out those stands.

tough luck Spinna - good advice there for rest of us though

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 6:42 am
spinnaJ wrote :
Hi fellas, just wanna share my bad experience when djing in a gig, and that day is today:(

Wow.. this probably won't make you feel any better, but keep in mind... 1/2 of the DJ's out their wouldnt have been able to finish the night if only ONE of the things you mentioned happened to them... You survived 3 of them!

in the end "the show must go on"!

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 11:31 am
SpinnaJ: On your computer with the external drive connected right-click on the my computer icon then click manage then under storage click on disk management if the external drive shows up there try changing the drive letter to something not already used by your system. It may be that using it with a mac wiped out the drive letter reference so when you went to use it with the pc windows didn't know how to handle it.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 12:12 pm
Celtic84, i have tried that too but it did not appeared. It happen both on mac n PC. Thanks for the suggestion tho;).. If u have anymore suggestion do reply to me.

Again at all, thanks for ur support and reply n indeed i feeling much better now.. well things do happen n we have to move on;)

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 12:56 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you tried uninstalling all the USB ports in Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager. Restart computer with no USB attached and once the ports re-initialize then restart again then plug in USB drive.

Another solution is many external drives are just a normal hard drive with a USB converter. You can remove the cover and try to plug directly into a computer case as a secondary drive.

Hope that helps

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 6:15 pm
grug wrote :
Have you tried uninstalling all the USB ports in Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager. Restart computer with no USB attached and once the ports re-initialize then restart again then plug in USB drive.

Another solution is many external drives are just a normal hard drive with a USB converter. You can remove the cover and try to plug directly into a computer case as a secondary drive.

Hope that helps

Did all of the above suggestions.. Disk management picked up the drive and said it needed formatting.... can't do that.. the same when i made it a secondary drive... still no dice..... Here is a good part.... (one of my drives picked up... and I got back all the vids i could not detect....(all 300 GB)

one down... one more to go

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 8:04 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you ever heard of the rumour that putting your hard disk in the freezer overnight (in a sealed bag) can bring it back to life for a short time? I have never done this myself or know anyone that has but I have read enough comments that validate it. I guess its worth a try as a last resort!

Here are some links about it...

http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/2006/01/freeze-your-hard-drive-to-recover-data.html

http://digg.com/hardware/Freeze_your_hard_drive_to_recover_data:_Myth_or_Reality_

http://help.lockergnome.com/general/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43993

http://searchwindowsserver.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid68_gci1266451,00.html

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 8:20 am
Thanks grug for the suggestions, but i think i will just send in to the manufacturer repair centre this thurs:(.. I wanted to tampered more n need it to be detected asap but i scared it may make the data corrupt or lost. I can't afford to lose it. Will post the result when i get it done.

Abt that rumour i did heard abt it b4.hehe but i can't take the risk:(.

Digitalwiz if u have success or if u try it man, do post ur result too n good luck;)

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 10:16 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My very bad experience in djing happened only last Saturday.
A mid 60 fan approached to my thrown, yelling and talking trash against me. He's complaining about the loud sound that i'm playing. I thought i played or mixed a crap but when i took a glance at the audience all of my crowd were jumping to their death with my mixes. I pretend to not give a damn at him but holy f**k he threw in his drink at me. Ok then...i go out from my booth cool as vanilla ice without knowing that my 320G Extenal drive is in my hand. Surprise!!!i smashed my HD to his f**k'n head...then came security. Lucky for me i was playing CD when the thing happen but unlucky for me also my EHD is a history already...

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 10:19 am
Djranes, sorry to hear that last sat both of us have bad luck.. anyway from my perspectives n my honest opinion, u need not have to retaliate back at that person, just remain calm n just do what u have to do. What u have done may also tarnish ur reputation. Also sorry to hear abt ur hd misfortune too. Btw do u have ur back up?

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 10:26 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm trying too but it really embarrassed me, those in front if my GF #11...
That's the most unlucky part...my back is by far so incomplete (due to low capacity)...i lost 85% of my investment!!!

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 10:33 am
Okay guys, guess ladyluck smile on me this time. hehe,, I just went to the manufacturer of the hd n they managed to repair it n my data n tracks are still intact... no loss.They said it due to the circuit inside the hd itsellf that went bad. Thanks god.. next my lappy:)

Regards;)

Posted Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 7:41 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
glad to hear it mate

Posted Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 8:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)