Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PITCH BEND & BUTTON ASSIGNING ISSUES WITH VDJ 5.2 AND HERCULES RMX !!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ALL WAS WELL WITH ME USING 5.1 JUST GREAT, SOMETIMES USING MY HERCULES MK2 MIXER AND SOMETIMES USING MY NEW HERCULES RMX MIXER UNTIL I UPDATED TO 5.2 MK2 MIXER FINE,BUT THE REMIX NOT FINE,VDJ 5.2 HAS CHANGED THE ASSIGNING OF THE RMX BUTTONS,TO DO IT YOU HAVE TO LOAD THE RMX SKIN WHICH IS OK REALLY,I USUALLY ASSIGN BUTTON 1 AS -BEND AND BUTTON 4 AS +BEND ON BOTH DECKS EASY,YOU HIT THE SYNC BUTTON TO MATCH WHICH WORKS FINE, BUT IF YOU THINK IT IS ONE STEP OUT OR TWO WHICH THATS ONLY USUALLY IT IS SOMETIMES PRESS THE BEND EITHER MINUS OR PLUS THE BEND FLYS OFF SYNC IN A BAD WAY JUST RUNS AWAY WITH ITSELF NOT GOOD,ALSO IM EXPERIENCING PROGRAM FREEZE AND CRASH WHEN PRESSING THE EFFECT BUTTONS NOT GOOD EITHER ANYONE ELSE GOT THE ISSUES I HAVE LET ME KNOW PLEASE,IVE ROLLED BACK TO 5.1 ALL IS WELL AGAIN BUT I LIKE TO KEEP UPDATED WITH THE LATEST VERSION,CHEERS GUYS, DJ DAZ YORK.....

Posted Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 11:28 am
nottrotHome userMember since 2008
2 bad about the CAPS LOCk, but I'm experiencing the same problem...
Button configuration for external controllers is really badly handled in VDJ 5.2

Any Fix for this VDJ Team?

-B.

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 6:38 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Daz please remember to knock your caps lock off when posting please... Tayla, Newcastle.

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 6:54 pm
I'm having the same issue...
I can't even figure out how I can change the button configuration... :(

It's quite annoying the way it's currently configured...

Kind regards,
Steven

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 2:08 pm
Any fix for this?

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 11:44 pm
How can I get an old version I'm at 5.2 and have the same problem but can't roll back. How do I get 5.1? I have a gig friday night so it would really help.
Thanks,
Jeff

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 12:29 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

PM a teamer or write a ticket out, and they will alway you to download VirtualDJ 5.1 for a short period of time.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 12:55 am
Ok teamers, whats goin on with 5.2 and the button configuration for the RMX!!!!

I had a rake around the registry in 5.1, played around with the button configs and cross checked which values were being written. Sussed. Screen shot these assuming when I installed 5.2 it would all go a bit Pete Tong so I may need these values, and put the upgrade in.

Restart VDJ post upgrade, and sure enough my RMX buttons are now completely ignoring the original config and doing Beatgrid on btn6 etc etc. Into the registry I go expecting the values to be either missing or overwritten, WRONG, they are all still there, but the RMX is ignoring them.

Ah ah, defunct reg entries I though, quick scan reveals a set of entries DSPSlotX_X, with BeatGrid associated with DSPSlot1_6. Those pesky kids thinks I, they've gone and moved the reg entry. So looking at the values I kind of sussed key commands were in as ".Loop_in" and FX were in just with the name e.g. "BeatGrid". So I overwrite the entry for DSPSlot1_6 with ".Loop_Activate", restart VDJ, and button 6 on the left deck gives me.....

BeatGrid

Bugger!, checks the registry and low and behold my entry has been overwritten with Beatgrid. Change it back again, exit VDJ and, hold on, it's just overwritten the registry again, when I exit the program. Hmmm, lets be sneaky and overwrite the reg entry before startup, then check it when VDJ is running, yippee entry has stayed as ".Loop_activate" so when I now press button 6 I get....

Bloody BeatGrid again!

Quick scan of the forums mentions only being able to set RMX buttons when using the new skin. So I change to the new skin, assign FlippinDouble to button 6, exit VDJ and check the registry, only to find the original, and as I though unused, multibutton_djcrmx6l entry is now "1,Effect_activate FlippinDouble". Strange. Fire it up again, FlippinDouble is still showing on the button config, but pressing button 6 gives me.....

Yes, you guessed, Beatgrid.

So even in the new skin, I can assign what ever I want to the skin buttons, and activating them with the mouse gives me whatever I've assigned, but pressing the buttons on the RMX itself is always giving me the default assignments of 1:Loop In, 2:Loop Out 3:Pitch Bend - etc etc. Interestingly if I frig the registry to set the original multibutton reg entires to what I want and click said buttons on the screen, they all activate exactly what I've set them to.

So.... which one of you has hard coded the RMX midi signals incorrectly then, eh!! LoL.

Denzel

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 3:30 pm
I'm just curious, are there very little people experiencing the Pitch Bend problem with 5.2 or is it that you all are sticking with 5.1? To me this is a show stopping issue. Is there a way around this yet?

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 1:52 am
djbeware wrote :
I'm just curious, are there very little people experiencing the Pitch Bend problem with 5.2 or is it that you all are sticking with 5.1? To me this is a show stopping issue. Is there a way around this yet?

For me, Yes. It's one of the main features I use. If you have tried 5.2, try it and see for yourself and see what people are talking about. I promise you, you won't like the new action.

So I'm sticking to 5.1 till it's sorted

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 2:35 am
jimmy b wrote :
djbeware wrote :

For me, Yes. It's one of the main features I use. If you have tried 5.2, try it and see for yourself and see what people are talking about. I promise you, you won't like the new action.

So I'm sticking to 5.1 till it's sorted

Jeez Jimmy, you're up early I thought you were gigging last night!

I've posted this else where, but I never use the pitch buttons at all when I'm using a controller. What am I doing different to everyone else?

Seen so many posts now saying lack of pitch bend working is a show stopper I'm beginning to think I'm some kind of weirdo. lol

Denzel

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 3:02 am
DJDenzel wrote :

Jeez Jimmy, you're up early I thought you were gigging last night!

Yeah I was mate, but I woke up at 7 boiling, and I couldn't get back of the sleep, plus the girlfriend was given it some zzzzzZZZZZZZ's, lol

Thought sod it and got up. Love me 4 hour sleeps :(

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 3:14 am
jimmy b wrote :

Yeah I was mate, but I woke up at 7 boiling

Ah that would be that warm southern climate then. Being a notherner last time I woke up boiling it was cuz ma bed was on fire! lol

Denzel

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 4:10 am
Pitch Bend is like touching the side of vinyl or the platter on a pro turntable momenteraily with your finger, to adjust the pitch of the song. More than likely if started with vinyl or CD Players you will be use to using Pitch Bend I think new schoolers probably don't use it as much.

As far as I am concerned its a show stopper, I just can't understand why it was changed.

I really like VDJ, its a great product, but changes like this makes it seems so non professional to me(how did this pass through the testing phase), I can bet the farm a change like this would not fall through the cracks on a Serato update, and if it did it would be resolved much faster than it seems to be here.

I am actually sort of disappointed, its a good thing 5.1 is stable!

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 1:04 am
djbeware wrote :
Pitch Bend is like touching the side of vinyl or the platter on a pro turntable momenteraily with your finger, to adjust the pitch of the song. More than likely if started with vinyl or CD Players you will be use to using Pitch Bend I think new schoolers probably don't use it as much.

That's what I use the jog wheels for! Maybe it's just habit as you say because I didn't learn on vinyl.

Denzel

Posted Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 1:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)