Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: This software could do with a better dummy guide!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All

Didn't get a reply to my last post but hoping for better this time round??
I'm using Vdj on mac platform, want to use this for Karaoke but can't find the 'Rotation List Manager' in the user manual????
Also my clip bank is empty how do I get more of these to play?
Where can I get more sound effects for mac??
Can vdj be set up to play mixed albums without any gap?
When I'm bored at the club and there are no customers I just prefer to sit at the bar and have a beer rather than hang around in the dj box, like norman no mates??!! LOL

Hope I can get some answers on thesquestions as at the moment I wish I had maybe tried out some other software before buying this one :o(

Thanks for now

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 10:15 am
link to karaoke section of pc manual:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/index.php/KARAOKE

you need to load your own "clips"...or samples, as we call them in the bizzz...(calling them clips is like calling the remote control the 'clicker'). download some clips, or make your own. you can record them from your tracks as they're playing. for instance, maybe you\'d like a sample of lil jon saying "YEEAAAHHH". well, when the song is playing, press record. then, you\'re on your way to be a sampling machine!

as far as i know, sound effects for mac are still in development

you can use the automix playlist with no fading to do this, or, you could always use itunes. or, you could find a club that isn't so boring.

please check the existing 'dummy guide' for any more questions: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/index.php/User_Manual_MAC

Posted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 8:43 am
Still not a lot of help, but you never know!!!!

In the vid section on vdj there is no karaoke plugin?? in the manual it says you have to activate it, but if its not there how do I activate it??

By clips I did mean video clips like swirly wherlie stuff? and music videos, I bought some on itunes but they don't seem to wanna play in vdj???

hope someone out there can help :(

Posted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 10:04 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm not sure what you're talking about with the karaoke plug-in. I just put the karaoke tracks in the deck and play it. My guess is you're talking about something above my karaoke skill level :-)

As for the swirly wherlie stuff, try here... http://www.venuevj.com/tools.pcdj?cat=motion I haven't personally tried these, put they say it works with VDJ.

Posted Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 12:22 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djjoemunson wrote :
as far as i know, sound effects for mac are still in development

There already the sound effect in the plugin section, even tho not all;)

Posted Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 4:39 am
If you look in the user manual under Karaoke section it tells you of a wondrous plugin that you have to activate!!!!
Basically you can Que. up your karaoke tracks and add the name of the person who is going to sing the track, it says that you just drag the track to the window then add name and it will auto Que it in side A when it is the singers turn... Bloody brilliant......... If only I could find it????????

Come on somebody from Vdj give me the answer that I'm looking for and not ' its not available yet for mac system'

You guys really should have the mac software as good as the windows based software, considering you are charing us the same amount of money for less than half of the features!!!!!!

What do you other mac users think????????

Posted Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 6:11 am
dude, we answered your questions.

as per your karaoke dilemma, have you tried activating the plug-in after loading your song? if you can't get it to work, then use a dog collar to zap the person when they're supposed to sing.

Posted Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 11:21 am
Dog collar???? Might try that 1!!!!

But surly the karaoke plug in should be in the video effects pain all of the time anyway not just when a karaoke track is loaded?? If somebody has pc could the have a look for me and see if the plugin is there??
Most def not in mac version...

Still waiting for someone from VDJ to add comment on here as to this problem???????

Also just as a quick note all my karaoke files are avi. cos the software that I bought converts my cdg disks into this format, so they don't show up as karaoke files.

Ta

Posted Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 5:41 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've had a quick look, it doesn't look like the karaoke plugin has been ported to the Mac platform yet I'm afraid.

Sorry!

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 9:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)