Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: volume jumps after 4 hours...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I did my first full run in the club last night, with full video mixing. I fired it up around 9:30 I'd say, and everything ran like a champ until about 2:00 (go figure, right before I shut down it goes goofy). In the last 15 minutes of my set, I had the video freeze twice on me, but it fixed itself as soon as I loaded the next track on the opposite deck. Any idea what that's about? Also, I started getting some wicked volume jumps right at the end. I had the gain set to auto all night, and everything was cool until the last 10 to 15 minutes. I'm using the RMX and PC 5.1 version of VDJ....

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 11:09 am
anyone else experiencing this?

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 1:32 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
We use VDJ three nights a week, 5 hours a night. (full video) On the average I get a "total video freeze" about once a week. When it does freeze in the best case scenario I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and open it again and recover quickly without a re-boot. Sometimes the freeze requires me to YANK the power cord like I'm pulling the rip cord to my emergency parachute. I ALWAYS have my holy crap "CD" loaded and ready to fire, I don't do "dead Air"

I've never been able to recover from a freeze by loading another video, when I freeze I'm FROZEN. I suspect it was that particular video had coding issues which caused your freeze, but I'm just a girl, I don't know SQUAT!

As far as the "wicked volume jumps right at the end" do you mean in the same video?
I've never met two songs with the same volume and I don't belive in "auto gain" or Santa. LOL

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 2:24 pm
yeah, the volume jumps were happening within the tracks...not on the transition from one to another. The level just started jumping up and down with no rhyme or reason. What do you mean you don't believe in Santa? lol I was running autogain last night basically because I don't know any better....what do you use?

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 2:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)