Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: behringer bcd3000 vs hercules rmx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys just thought i would see if i could get some input from people who have experience with the above controllers.

i currently have the bcd3000 and while it does the job, i think it generally looks like shit and is very flimsy feeling (faders especially)

was looking at the rmx as it looks a lot better and i would have thought it would be more sturdy. also apparently the stability of the hercules consoles is very good. rather than shell out £250 and be disappointed was wondering what thoughts people have? only issue i can see myself is that the rmx doesnt have any knobs that can be assigned to effects (which in my eyes is essential for things like flangers)

any thoughts people?

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 3:10 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The RMX is a very good unit. The Behringer BCD series was/is a joke.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 7:50 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
TearEmUp wrote :
The Behringer BCD series was/is a joke.

I have the Behringer, and I totally agree with TearEmUp.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 4:33 pm
clintdPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm pleased with the RMX. Very solid piece of hardware. Nothing on it feels cheap at all. Hercules needs to work on their ASIO drivers for it though. They work and sound fine but the latency is not up to par. I'm hoping to see this improve within the next couple of months with some new driver releases. I'm actually going to contact them about it and see what they say.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 12:32 am
clintdPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 1:21 am
thanks guys. any ideas on the effects thing though? can you map it to say the master fader or something? cos just being able to turn the effect on and off with no further control is pretty piss poor and i think hercules really screwed up by not including some knobs to do that. if it werent for that i would be all over the rmx

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 6:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)