Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: First experience of Audio 8 DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Alright so this was my setup:

2x Technics with Ortofon Concorde Pro needles
1x Ecler AC-6
1x Acer Aspire 7520 laptop
1x Dac-2
1x Audio 8 DJ
Sound was Stage Accompany

At first i experienced some crackling, but that was because one of the Technics is getting old i think. Replacing the needle helped a bit, for the rest i just put the "Silence" slider in VDJ at it's maximum. Used Smart mode all night long.

Coming from the MAYA44, i especially noticed following differences:
- Much higher volume! I actually had to turn down the gains instead of turning them up. This is no problem as turning down the gain doesn't butcher your sound quality as turning up does.
- Better timecode quality. Nonstop 100% from beginning till the end. The MAYA often caused some drops to around 30% for some reason, no idea why, but it's fixed now. :)
- Might sound strange, but this card drastically reduced my CPU usage (wtf???). Not a clue on why that was.
- Massively better sound quality on larger sound systems. A huge jump forward compared to the MAYA.

After DJing with the Audio 8 DJ i must actually say (and this might come as a shock to some of my friends planning on using serato): VDJ + Audio 8 DJ works better than Serato. Never used timecode so flawlessly. Anybody that is looking for a new soundcard: take a look at the NI Audio 8 DJ. It might cost a little more, but for a top-class result both in timecode tracking and in sound quality: this is the way to go.

Just sharing my experience. Anyone that has something to add, please do. In my opinion, this card deserves a "VDJ RECOMMENDED SOUNDCARD" stamp.

VanStino

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 7:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)