Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vdj 5.1 freezed again

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Program freezed again apparently with no reason : deck A plays a song, i scroll the list of songs and it crash.
It seems like it can find the song into ram anymore...both my crashes happened within the first minute of song, can't be more precise.

could only use taskmanager to close the program.

configuration is perfect : macbook with clean xp sp3;
nothing installed : no skin, no effect, nothing but vdj factory default;
controllers midi : 2 xp10;

Previous version were more reliable but i appreciate the new fame engine, much more precise, and some other functions ..... though this "bug"

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 6:00 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you using a USB hub for your XP10

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 11:17 am
no hub , sorry.
what i can also tell is that this kind of crash happened 2 times in different situations :
1st time) with an old laptop centrino 1,6mhz and a pioneer djm400 mixer
2nd time) with a new macbook dualcore 2,4mhz with a behringer dmx700 mixer.

after eliminating the main doubt about the power of laptop my constants are : xp10, win xp and vdj, the way i have to search through files (don't use library but browse through folders)

i'm thinking about eliminating xp10 or windows , i need your help in both cases !!

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 5:19 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It can be linked to the way your folders are organized on your HD.

Indeed, you have to know that when VirtualDJ opens a folder, it has to read all the files of this folder (the filenames) in order to display them in your browser. Even if the data are stored in the xml file to speed up the process, you still have the delay to list all the files.

In clear, the more you have files in a folder, the more it will take time to list them. That's why I advise you to create sub-folders as soon as you can.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 1:44 am
of course i organized my files as you told, i actually have 3 levels of subfolders which hardly go over 100 songs per folder : i don't think that's the problem because they have always been organized this way and with previous version (and hardware) never had crashes.

Thanks for any other suggestion may tune up my consolle.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 4:21 am
in order to help you more where can i search details of the crash since crashreport didn't came up with anything this time ?

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 4:43 am
What are your settings in > browser> infos gathering ?

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 1:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)