Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to install skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Need help installing new skins. I downloaded the available skins but they are not zipped. They don't appear to be the same files as the zipped files in the SKINS folder. Hence, they don't show up in the program.

Your help is truly appreciated.

DJ JOSE

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 9:18 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You could be having troubles with your browser. If you download new skins (compatible with version 2.xx) they all should be in .zip file, so when download starts just enter skin's name and add the .zip extension yourself (to ensure right file type). If you still have problems, tell us more about the file type you get when download compleates.

By the way, if you manage to download a zip file which still doesn't work, check if zip's content is correct (there has to be one .xml file and one .bmp file with the same name!!)

erXon

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 9:49 pm
It seems that some skins are zipped and some are not. I managed to download about 4 that were zipped. Here's an example of the file "Titanium." That's what the file reads after download. I do see some instructions in the download page, but I simply prefer the zipped files. I want to keep it simple, until I learn more about this awsome dj program.

Thanks for the input.

DJ JOSE

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 11:46 pm
azawakhHome userMember since 2004
Just add .zip to the filename and it should work.

H

Posted Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 1:02 am
Thanks.....

Jose

Posted Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 1:17 am
Im having the same problem, downloaded some skins and changed the extension and not working?

Never had this before, i am using firefox i will try I.E.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 10:41 am
Just used I.E. and it's working fine? strange one anyway there is your answer!

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 10:48 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
The new skins need to be installed.
If you saved them to the skns folder you will probably find them as a red gift box.
Just double click the box to install them.
Then they should appear in the program under config skins.

Posted Mon 13 Feb 06 @ 1:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)