Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX and scratching with the crossfader - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys, first just want to say don't worry, I will be putting in my serial key as soon as I can but I'm at work now so I don't have it in front of me.

Anyway, I got my RMX last night and I have been trying out the crossfader, and what I found is that when I move the crossfader extremely fast, such as with scratching, VDJ doesn't always pick it up. It seems to not pick up all of my movements. Is there anyway to fix this to make it more responsive?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 7:52 am
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Try playing with the latency settings, that helped with my mk2.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 8:27 am
I tried that, could it be that I set them TOO low? Right now I have the sample rate at 16 bit, latency at 5 ms and the quality I think its called at the highest, 48000. Those are the settings in the RMX console. Should I change any settings with latency in VDJ? Its set at Auto right now with overclock and safemode unchecked.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 8:29 am
looshusHome userMember since 2008
hockey I'm having the same problem, soooooo annoying, it's not just on the x-fader its on all faders and probly everything but its the faders it's noticed on, I've been in contact with hercules tech support for a while but they've exhausted their minds. it seems to be a VDJ problem, look for my thread called 'midi signal problem' in the general section.

I've posted a support ticket aswell but had no help yet.

I'm glad i'm not the only one!!!! I'm sure it'll get sorted eventually, apart from this it's a sound controller.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 10:24 am
Yeah apart from that its awesome. I think I might just end up buying a regular analog mixer and just using the RMX to control the software and a sound card. That seems like the only real solution that I can see.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 10:43 am
I was thinking about that aswell but I'm gonna wait for it to be resolved, I'm savin up for mixer and TT's anyway but ive had a BCD3000 for months without this problem, I'm sure (hope) it'll get sorted for the next release.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 10:46 am
I've used a BCD2000 and a Numark total control, and from my experience it seems as if midi controllers aren't the way to go for professional djing and scratching. I think I might just end up selling the RMX one day, and getting a standard analog mixer and sound card. Problem is then how do I control my software? I guess it would be like serato and I would have to use my keyboard but it seems like it would be a pain in the ass.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 10:51 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Come on guys, the crossfader on the RMX is not design as a Scratch fader, it's too flimsy.

Yes we can scratch (if you can call it that) using it, buts it's main function is a controller and not a scratch mixer.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 11:15 am
I wouldn't sell it if you're gettin timecodes, it will compliment them perfectly, soundcard built in 4in/4out and can control your software.

@jimmy: I know that but when I move it to one side i expect it to kill the other, is this too much to ask?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 11:27 am
looshus wrote :

@jimmy: I know that but when I move it to one side i expect it to kill the other, is this too much to ask?

have you tried it in Asio mode, I know it bleeds in WDN mode, mine does it.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 11:41 am
Yeah always use ASIO, it's not that it's bleeding like a mechanical fault with the x-fader, VDJ aint pickin up all the signals from it.

btw, where you get these supermodels behind the decks, I WANNA WORK THERE!!!

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 11:51 am
looshus wrote :

Top secret mate, LOL.

Just set my RMX up and moved the fader quickly and I see what you mean mate. It will get look into.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 12:04 pm
put it say a cm from one side, then quickly move it int to one side, about once every 5 times mine seems to jump back out (on the screen).

Like I said earlier ive got a midi monitor running to see whats going on and the controller isnt doing anything it shouldnt, it's VDJ.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 12:07 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
looshus wrote :

They come with the full Pro version of VDJ....... ;-)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 12:07 pm
LMAO,

Livin on a student budget atm so they'll have to wait for the pleasure.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 12:10 pm

Posted Sat 05 Jul 08 @ 2:54 pm
jimmy b wrote :

Come on guys, the crossfader on the RMX is not design as a Scratch fader, it's too flimsy.

Yes we can scratch (if you can call it that) using it, buts it's main function is a controller and not a scratch mixer.

what would you say about the bc3000?

Posted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 9:06 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I own both. Overall, the RMX is much better than the 3000. As a scratch mixer, I wouldn't even try it with the 3000. The RMX could probably stand up for occasional scratching, but not even close to a battle mixer.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 4:16 pm
here's what I tried :

on ASIO mode and wth the RMX on as a remote, I packed the button's hole so that it's higher...lol actually worked

Or consider the RMX as a idi controler and it will respond correctly.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 5:54 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Do you mean go in to the midi settings in the control panel and configure it to run as a midi device and not enabling it as remote?

Posted Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 2:12 pm
63%