Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: RMX Soundcard, V5 TC Engine = Good Solid 100% Signal

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I've just decided to test the RMX out just as a soundcard and run my TCV though it. I've been slightly disappointed with the new V5 timecode engine with my Maya44 so far (some my know this).

I did a quick setup, ran my TCV with the new V5 engine and to my surprise I got a nice strong 100% signal.

Very happy with this, but (and there is always a but, lol) the sound though the card was a tad muddy, so I had to tweak the sound using my eq gains on my mixer, to a standard I was happy with.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 11:15 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
What is strange is that the stereo slider is more on the right and the scope is not regular (it has to be a circle). You have something wrong somewhere.

Check latency, cable, needles, ...

Verify if you are on phono or line on the RMX (if you are on line, maybe check the RIAA preamp in VDJ)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 12:04 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djcel wrote :
What is strange is that the stereo slider is more on the right and the scope is not regular (it has to be a circle). You have something wrong somewhere.

Check latency, cable, needles, ...

Verify if you are on phono or line on the RMX (if you are on line, maybe check the RIAA preamp in VDJ)

And I thought it was perfect. LOL.

Running on "In line" if RIAA preamp is checked the circles go mad and all fuzzy. Run in Phono and the sound is Very muddy and distorted.
Cables are brand new and set right.
Needles are 7 months old Stanton Discmaster V3 Cartridge's.
Latency is set on 9 m/s.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 12:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)