Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem with Mix Point in v5.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ReTangoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi! Just updated to 5.1 from 5.06, and I lost all mix point information-.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 10:07 pm
Hi! Just updated to 5.1 from 5.06, and lost all mix point information.
After upgrading, I played an automix and songs played for much longer than they should. I then opened one of the songs, went to the "Edit BPM" -> "Edit Automix" window, and the mix point was incorrect (almost at the end of the song). So I opened a song I had not played yet in 5.1, and the Mix Point was OK. But the I selected the "Mix Cut" radio button, and again "Mix Fade", and VDJ overwrote my point with a new one, again almost at the end. I imagine VDJ is recalculating mix points.
I invested lots of time to have correct mix point info for each song, in each mix mode (its a joy to have VDJ mixing for you at a party!). So if I can't keep this info I'll have to reinstall v5.06... Any idea on how to correct this?
Otherwise an excellent update, I love the feature of changing mix points on the fly..And just bought Hercules Rmx, loving it so far!
Thanks and regards,
ReTango

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 10:29 pm
i've got some similar issues
not so extreme though
for me it's not "all"
i would say around 5%
automix type fade (remove intro/outro)
everything worked fine with 5.0.7
like retango, i spent a lot of time, too
setting up new mixpoints etc.

another thing...
maybe i should open up a new thread...
anyway...
some songs where the cbgs used to be lined up with the beats
are now out of sync
have no clue

as a lot of other people i spent a lot of time building up the database
i really don't want to rescan and over-do everything again
hopefully there's an answer

cheers,
matt

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 11:00 pm
user jakko found a solution for this problem: I copy here his post: thanks jakko!!!

I have a hack solution to this. Open your databse file VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml with some text editor like wordpad (make sure to make a backup copy of the database file first!!).
Then you have to do a search-and-replace operation:
Search for a String: IsScanned="1"
and replace it with: IsScanned="510"

Save the document.

Now VDJ 5.1 never rescans any tracks except new ones and those that never been scanned before.
Hope this helped!

EDIT: alas, Just noticed that the key gets never analyzed then. Perfect solution should be that 5.1 scans only key for old tracks and left everything else untouched.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 9:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)