Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question DN-HC4500 & Version 5.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone out there have experience with this controller & 5.1 ?

I'm thinking about selling my CDJ 800 mk2's to purchase this controller.

What I want to know is how well it works .. im not a huge scratch DJ .. but I do a little .. I do use my CDJ's to bring my new songs in at the right times and on beat ect ect.

If you have experience with this controller and 5.1 I really want to hear your opinion.

Thanks

Posted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:11 pm
*bump*

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 10:41 am
Last night I used for the fist time and was same as previous version (5.0.7), very stable. I used in native mode for a while and then I installed BJBOGGIS's mapper for the HC-4500..... man! its the boom! Like a Denon's dua cd player but plus more info, pretty easy to use.. I highly recommend it.

As for scratch the HC-4500 it does the trick as an effect, like the Pioneer's CMX-3000, it is an effect, not real scractch but does the trick pretty well. I have a couple of DNS3500s also (comparable to the CDJ-800) and the scratch feel it is sooo far better than with the HC-4500. If you only scratch a few seconds it is fine, but if you do real tricks, I suggest you to keep your cdjs and use them with time codes and a good sound card.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 12:37 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I really like mine add the x500 mixer and you got control of your video fade too.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 1:29 pm
I have the X-500 mixer, it is great for crossfading the videos with the crossfade, and the audio with channel faders!

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 1:53 pm
when you say audio are you talking the option cd deck? The x control can be used for going back n forth from video in one deck and audio in other, just playing a bitmap

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 6:11 pm
aparsonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I love the HC4500 !!! I use it with JPBoggis' mapper. They're the perfect combination !!!

I'm currently only waiting for DJ Format's mapper to complete my setup.

A close up of the HC4500 running with VDJ...note the song display on the controller's screen. Don't mind the mixer...I just received my DN-X500 mixer this morning..I'll be posting more pix of the setup shortly

I also have the BU-4500 CD Unit underneath the controller.

Greetings from Miami !!!

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 4:58 pm
Beach,

Here is a pix of my setup now that I added the DN-X500.

Look how cool the song's name is displayed on the HC4500...Compliments of JPBoggis' mapper !!!

I also have a video of it ( HC4500 ) while doing a quick test of the whole setup for the first time. Look in youtube for "DJ LOBBO".

Saludos desde Miami !!!

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 7:16 pm

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 7:47 pm
The HC4500 with JP Boggis driver is truly amazing. simple as that!

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 6:58 am
Hi guys,

Strange... Am I the only one who experience problems with the combination of VDJ (V5.2), the HC4500 (V1005) and the Boggis mapper (V1.1). It are all the latest available versions.

After the start where I see 'Custom mapper v1.1 by Boggis released 10/07/2008' there are two messages who appear in both players: 'No Song Loaded' and '! PITCH ! Move Down: 1'.

There is no button that triggers an action in VDJ. When I load a song with the PC (by using the mouse), I see the titel in the display of the controller, but that's all. When I start the song via the PC (play/pause button on the controller don't works) the time shows 00:00:00.

When I disable the mapper (Effects - External devices - HC4500 - Disable) the controller works for most functions but the Boggis mapper should be better... if it works ;-)

Could you help me?

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 3:29 pm
The v1.1 mapper is not compatible with VirtualDJ v5.2 due to changes made to the way the HC4500 controller works in this new version.

A brand new v1.2 version of the mapper has been released that's fully compatible with VirtualDJ v5.2.

To download: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=4558

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 9:01 pm
dj808PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I currently own RMX and I like the effect of scratching the first beat to bring in the next song, but I don't like having to press a button to take it out of scratch mode so I can tweek the incoming song to beat match. Also I don't like how the song starts to play when my finger is on the jog wheel and I'm not moving it back and forth. Then while the song is playing as soon as I touch the wheel the song will stop, if it's in scratch mode.

Does the DN-HC4500 work like this or not? I've read that the jog wheel on the HC4500 is touch sensitive but how does it work? Would I be able to treat it somewhat use it like a turntable where I can do the following:
hold the jog wheel down, song will not play
Scratch the song in,
Let the jog wheel go, song will play
Put my finger back on the jog wheel to speed or slow the song down.
I hope you get the idea.

If it works the way I think it should work I'm getting rid of my RMX and getting a Denon set up.

Thanks for looking!

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:56 pm
The jogwheel is touch sensitive and is also pressure sensitive, so that turning it without pressing down too hard will cause it to fine pitch bend, and pressing down more heavily will stop the music allowing you to scratch. The music starts playing again as soon as the pressure on the wheel is released.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 4:02 pm
dj808PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I like that. So with a setup seen above with a DN-X500 mixer and a DN-HC4500 controller can I add my Numark CDX running a TCCD and have it working all together like my RMX set up? Would I be able to quickly switch between the DN-HC4500 controller and the TCCD? In other words use the loop buttons and other navigation features on the HC4500 while running the CDX with TCCD. I’m just wondering how the CDX would hook up to the system. Would I be able to just connect the CDX output to the DN-X500 and Virtual DJ will recognize it. Or would I need another sound card like a Maya 44. Sorry for all the questions but I’m searching for my perfect setup. Currently I have an Hercules RMX set up with my CDX with TCCD and it just doesn’t feel right. I do mostly weddings and would like the simple setup with the X500 and the HC4500 but when I’m at a house party I would like to kick it up a notch with the CDX.

Thanks for looking!

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 5:19 pm
Yes, you could use timecode CD's alongside the HC4500. You would need to purchase a suitable soundcard such as the Esi Maya44 or the Native Instruments Audio 8, which you would then use instead of the HC4500 sound card (which does not have inputs and is unsuitable for timecode use.) The HC4500 will still function perfectly as just a MIDI controller only.

My HC4500 mapper allows you to toggle on timecode control on/off directly from the HC4500. When on, you will be able to use the timecode to control VDJ, but still have the song info, etc. displayed on the HC4500. If you are using the 'smart' or 'relative' timecode options, you will also be able to trigger cues and loops from the HC4500. In addition to this, you can use the Effect, Video and Sampler modes of the mapper to trigger effects, video effects and samples.

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 6:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)