Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Transfer Video To DVD?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've copied a video onto the PC, and have added an extra part to the end (Using TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress. I did do a better job with Sony Vegas 7, but it keept crashing and the encoding part took forever). Now I need to burn it back to DVD, but how? Nero 8 complains it's over 2Gig and won't let me.

Sony Vegas 7 won't burn to disc. Can't remember the error, but it keept giving an error about the file size (even though it's was only 2.5Gig).

What software do you use to edit video's and burn them back to DVD?
Cheers.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 2:57 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
it could be your drive is full and there is no place to store the image while its been burned to disc, you can check this by going to computer and right clicking then choose properties, if it doesn't look to healthy delete any old stuff and try again... hope that helps

Tayla

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 3:22 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Loads of room on the hard drive over 80 gig free on this one. The video file is only just over 2 gig.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 8:05 am
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm pretty sure a DVD has a 2 gig limit per file if you are trying to copy it as data. You can use Nero and burn an ISO image and there's no file size limit as long as your hard drive is NTFS formatted.

I used Nero for years till someone turned me on to Roxio Media Creator... I like it far better.

http://www.easy-media-creator-10.com/

Renee

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 11:33 am
Yes, create ISO and then burn with nero.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 3:14 pm
Break the file into two chapters 1 gb each. If you look at a movie dvd you find that each of the VOB files is about a gig in size.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 8:21 pm
Were you trying with Vegas or with DVD Architect? Vegas won't burn DVDs on it's own. You can create the DVD compliant MPG file in Vegas but you can't burn the DVD in Vegas. Sounds like that is where the problem is. Try rendering the project as a NTSC (or PAL) MPG and then creating the DVD with DVD Achitect, Nerovision, or a similar program.

Posted Wed 21 May 08 @ 8:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)