Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Disable VDJ Crossfader?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is this possible?

Can the crossfader be set to "dumb" mode, ie it is totally disabled?

If I am using an external mixer and 2 sound cards, I have no need for that pesky xfader.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 4:34 am
idj. Yes. Just don't move it, or choose a professional skin that does not show it. I reccomend MIX station SV_04 (1024x768) VDJ 2.00 edA. Enjoy!

Posted Tue 28 Dec 04 @ 6:19 am
Hey thatnks for that - I really like that skin and hadn't had a good look at it until you suggested it.

However - the crossfader, while invisible, is still working. Songs fade in and out, and if you try to cue play the non-playing deck you have to switch to xfader mode in the skin and move the crossfader.

I'm I want to use VDJ like 2 seperate CD players connected to 2 seperate lines on my DJ mixer, I would use my own crossfader. I need to have both decks "live" at any one time.

Can VDJ do it's thing without it's crossfader getting involved, hidden or otherwise...?

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 3:22 pm
just leave the crossfader alone and use the one on the mixer?

or am i not understanding correctly?

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 3:45 pm
That's exactly what I want to do, however in "auto mix" mode, the crossfader does it's own thing.

Perhaps what I'm needing to do is disable the crossfader even in auto mode.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 4:38 pm
If you are in Automix mode, why would you want to use your external mixer controls. I use the automix mode when I am away from the booth. When I am in the booth and doing my own mixing, I just click off automix and leave the crossfader in the middle and use the mixer on the external deck. If you have VDJ on Automix, it is always going to automatically start the next song when one finishes, that is why the feature is there. That is my understanding. Keep in mind, when you right click on automix it lights up in blue in the default skin, and that means it will go from one song to the next automatically. If it is not lit up in blue, then to automix the song, you would left click and then the decks would mix. Not sure if this is what you were not sure of, but this is the basics that I have found with Automix.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 5:52 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
How do you want to do an automix(load songs from playlist + mix) without the crossfader of vdj: it's impossible !!! If you only want to load songs from your playlist, create a key shortcuts

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 7:56 pm
Thank you - you're right. I don't need to disable the crossfader in auto mode. My mistake.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 04 @ 7:57 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Create a shortcut to:
1) turn automix off
2) reset crossfader.

This way you just have to press one key when you come back to your mixtable after an automix session.

Clax

Posted Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 1:01 am
I presented this question wrong from the start.

I guess I just don't like the way the music fades using the crossfader. I'm used to music starting with the crossfader at centre. The automix feature on VDJ seems to move the crossfader a fraction, then start the music, resulting in a "fade IN" at the beginning of the new song.

I'm sure there's a way to make all my dreams come true once I have time to really get stuck into practivcing and exploring with the software. I just have so much going on right now, I guess I'm just jumping the gun and asking some questions to address my main concerns.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 04 @ 4:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)