Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MAYA 44 AND VISTA REALLY LOUD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All

i have a maya 44 snd card and i used to use it with my xp laptop till i got vista drivers and it worked great with the vista laptop and all was well .......until................. i bought a new vista laptop and installed the maya 44 and now the sound coming through my speakers sound like that of when you turn vdj up too much and it starts to baffle. but vdj is set to the regular gain and in the maya 44 control panel it appears that the volume are not maxed out. but what i did notice is that vista has absoloutley no control over my volume for the maya 44 .can someone help me get this awefull sound gone and have my regular great sounding system back

thanks for your help in adance

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 3:47 pm
There should be Vista control. Are you using an external mixer? Check line/phono switch.

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 4:02 pm
yes im using an external mixer but it only sounds like that when i use the maya 44 every other snd card sounds ok

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 4:30 pm
What other sound cards? Are they all external? Are they connected to the same inputs on the mixer? The same usb port on the computer? What happens if you click on the speaker in the tray? You have checked the config in the Maya menu?

Posted Thu 01 May 08 @ 4:55 pm
if i just plug into my onboard sound card it sounds great and if i use a small usb (mini ) sound card it sounds good too. the usb is external and give a mini jack plug in sort of interface which with a mini to rca jack can be plugged in to the mixer. i connected it to teh same usb port as i did the maya 44 and it works great i checked the config menu for the maya and it only alows volume change when i did that it still sounded distorted. and clicking on teh icon on th tray doesnt do anytning toi affect teh volume of teh maya 44

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 3:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)