Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mk2 Newbie here

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Went to a digital expo yesterday and picked up the Hercules Mk2..... Didnt know such hardware was available here so I grabbed it when I saw it.

Unfortunately, I run Linux, so support seems to be bad. I have a spare 250GB disk which I will have to install Win XP on and use that exclusively for DJ'ing.... Tried creating a Virtual Machine in Linux last night, but the console does'nt seem to be recognised all the time.

So far, the console seems to be a pretty nifty piece of equipment. I cant wait to get down to messing around with it...

Some small things about the console I dont like though.

1) No cut-out switch .....the only way to "mute" a desk is to cross-fade to the other one......
2) Rubber buttons - they dont feel too good and sometimes repeat the function if you dont press them quickly enough
3) Job wheels sometimes get in the way when using the sliders....I have accidently bumped them a few times already - totally messing up my mix
4) Scratching is not as easy/good as I thought it would be....

other than the above - Its a great unit and I look forward to many hours of enjoyment on it...

Also glad I found this community - Looks like I can get plenty tips here.

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 5:05 am

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 6:21 am
The RMS looks cool......but they are VERY expensive here in S.Africa. You would be lucky to even find one. I got a good deal on the MK2 and didnt want to invest too much as I am just a bedroom DJ.... The RMX looks really nice though....

Thanks for the info

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 8:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)