Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: multicoloured waveform - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

well then someone make it work,,,, hahahha , multi color wave is huge .. I can dj while playing wii.... but it makes it to easy..

Posted Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 12:47 am
lee eather wrote :
djkz wrote :
because it will helps us understand the music with out hearing it better than before.

What the hell does that mean?

Hahaha!! I was thinking the same thing!! LMAO!!!

Dude, that is too funny....I'm freakin' crying right now, it's so funny!

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 6:48 am
DJKZ wrote:

".......because it's more detailed.

because it looks cool.

because 2 comparable waveforms are better than one overlapping the other.

because vdj is better than serato. and if they can do it, we can do it.

because it will helps us understand the music with out hearing it better than before.

because it's been asked for by many users many times.

because vdj cares about what users request time and time again.

and most importantly of all... because it will put a smile on our face. :) ...... "

I Agree with you at all ... i just didn't see this topic that's why i create another topic of the same request... ha ha ha

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 7:07 pm
please have this feature! it helps knowing when to scratch...serato has it right on the waveforms...

and its alot sexier...

vdj team is this hard to do? or does serato have a patent on it

Posted Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 1:02 pm
apedrotte wrote :
please have this feature! it helps knowing when to scratch...serato has it right on the waveforms...

and its alot sexier...

vdj team is this hard to do? or does serato have a patent on it

Serato doesn't have a patent on it because Traktor has the same thing. It's called "spectrum." I'm quite fond of the feature (I use my friend's S4 quite often); it's the only Traktor feature I'm really all that jealous of.

Posted Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 9:53 am
Good this is something average old.

The good news.
With the fusion of Vdj and djDecks of insurance they will have the waveform of colors.

Posted Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 10:11 am
hope we can turn it off as an option, as it doesn't show anything any better, it just looks more distracting... but i do like the minimal skin from tintin, I hope that is coming with..

Posted Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 10:19 am
synthet1c wrote :
hope we can turn it off as an option, as it doesn't show anything any better, it just looks more distracting... but i do like the minimal skin from tintin, I hope that is coming with..

I am in agreement with this. It must be optional. This must take it in account.

Posted Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 10:54 am
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes, colored waveform, nice feature for me, just tested in the djDecks, but can someone explain me, which color represents which frequency in the track waveform? I can't find in this way any system and it seems to me more like any randomly spreaded rainbow colors along the waveform. :-) Please looat at the ItCh waveform, every beat is here red:

and the same part of song in the djDecks:

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 2:43 am
red should represent bass as in color red is a low wavelength and blue a high, but the reason I don't want it is the one on dj decks is very amaturish, hopefully it is fixed in vdj 8 or left out, because that waveform will ruin any image the new version could have..

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 3:44 am
Coloring the waveform is a sort of messy way of combining info I think.

It might be very handy and pretty cool / unique if...

The waveform

- Allows you to set markers (not cue points) to help determining a point of entry when you specifically wish a part of song A to be inline with a part in song B. For example, song A has a break on 1:30, song B goes into full throttle at 40 seconds, you wish song B to be on 40 seconds exactly when song A is at 1:30 but start mixing song B in from second 5. Now I take an educated guess based on visuals and patterns when to start song B and optionally fix it with a loop if I am a few bars off. A set of markets and a 'marker distance to marker' would be a great option.

- Be split in half
- Upper part the waveform
when zoomed in:
- Bottom part will be showing in colored bars or dots a detailed breakdown of recognizable elements, for example bass drums, hi-hat, snare, clap but also vocals, bassline etc. Sort of a tracker kind of view, this would be pretty unique.
when zoomed out:
- Bottom part will be showing a few colored bars with a condensed mixed breakdown of recognizable elements, for example bass drums, hi-hat, snare, clap but also vocals, bassline etc. This would be much neater than coloring waveforms and by using multiple bars give more info.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 5:35 am
If VDJ were to get colored waves they should be like Traktors. Those are the most detailed in my opinion. Seratos are ok and DJDecks are just ugly and hard to read. Also be able to expand the waves to a scope like Traktors aswell, not all of us surf........

Huey

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 7:57 am
romcrisPRO InfinityMember since 2006
what about this nice eh

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 9:23 pm
romcrisPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 9:24 pm
The waveform are good the way there are but it would be nice to change color on the fly of each deck

Posted Thu 24 Nov 11 @ 1:40 pm
+1 for a colored waveform / spectrum

Posted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 12:37 pm
multi colored waveforms are most likely coming in vdj8, but I wonder if you could create a dynamic switchable system that can tint the colour of the wavform based on either musical pitch in cents (key), or pitch difference of two tracks (speed), so you could see the difference in the pitch's between represented in the wavform and switch it to suit the information you would like to see. for the tinted color you could use the color represented in the camalot wheel, and for pitch difference you could use red for slower and blue for faster to match the wavlength of sound, It would only work for seperate wavforms but that seems to be the way things are going...

Worth a thought for a cool feature..

Posted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 2:20 pm
djkz wrote :
because 2 comparable waveforms are better than one overlapping the other

I like the idea of overlapping as it is good option to see clearly matching the beats i prepared to have that as an option something like press the button to do overlapping views press again if you don't want it.

Paz75 wrote :
nice one, thanks for a detailed reply ;-) the colors only look nice but serve no purpose because you cannot see frequency in that kind of view without moving to a spectral scope which is altogether different.

I think in this regards PAZ75 has a point that it has to be in the spectrum of the frequency waveform not just colors LOL... should represent the real peaks, mids and lows not just a colour. At a first glance i was impressed the coloured waveforms of the Serato but after looking at it for a while and having notice that all colours doesn't represent to define any of the sounds spectrum they are no use to get info as they are just a simple graphics forms of waves gathered together.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 2:19 pm
It is also nice to have the colours based on the pitch or keys but it far more better if it must comes from the real sounds spectrum like peaks, highs, mid, lows & beats must be also considered. Just an idea to assigned unique colors for the "VOCALS" so that "DJ' could easily see where are the vocals parts in the songs.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 2:32 pm
after reading a bunch of these posts about the multi-color wave forms that some people want, i have finally made up my mind about it.

it's not necessary, but maybe include as an option. eventually.

one of the things i've noticed about the way VDJ is set up, is that someone who really knows how diverse a customer base they are selling this software to really is. think about it for a minute - the K.I.S.S. ("Keep It Simple, Stupid" for those that dont know what means.) principle really applies here.
if you over-complicate something you are just asking for trouble - yes, they beta test it to death, but do you really want to add in something that would take longer in development?
not everyone needs a multi-color wave form and most of those who want it are dj's who use it for scratching. fair enough, but what percentage of dj's scratch? dunno, but is it really enough to warrant the dev team to spend that much more time and man-hours in development?

just my humble opinion.

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 4:14 am
70%