Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: bose

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

just recd bose L1 model w 2 b1s bass bins
anyone else using this setup

how can i post pic here?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 6:34 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
KEVWEBNY wrote :

how can i post pic here?

Use a site called www.imageshack.us

Upload your images to it. Then you click on the image you want to use. It will give you a IMG code to insert (copy and paste) on to a post or forum.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 6:50 am

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 7:02 am

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 7:07 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
No worries mate. You've got it nearly right, if you want to show the actually image rather than the link do this.

Click on share and where it give's you the code like this

[IMG]for example with a load of numbers and letters[IMG]

Highlight this (right click and drag across and make sure you include the brackets) then copy and paste on your post and you will get the actually image.

BTW Kev, we have Bose speakers where I play on my Saturday night gig, don't know which model's they are put they are very good and they do kick ass.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 9:31 am
I use the bose system and I wouldn't use anything else for most type of parties. I will be buying another set this year.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:14 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
fatkatzdj wrote :
I use the bose system and I wouldn't use anything else for most type of parties. I will be buying another set this year.

No you most certainly will not Fat..your paying for the Christmas party.......grumble grumble grumble

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:16 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
there you go kev

nice boxes by the way..... lol

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 12:29 pm
thanks tayla I got a gig at 8pm tonite at a bar. I can not wait to use the bose setup. Im also bringing 1 extra powered jbl jrx118sp sub just in case i need that extra boom and floor rumble. I usually use 2 two jbl eonsg2s w\ the 2 jbl subs at this bar so i dont know how they are gonna accept the bose single tower w/ the 2-lill bass biins . Im actually a lil nervous what do u guys think?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 1:04 pm
I would set it up at home first and try it out.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 1:05 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Oh Brian, you and your common sense......take all the fun out of it why don't you??....

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 1:07 pm
lol

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 1:08 pm
kev i'm jealous, i just love bose...

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 1:12 pm
I had mine set up a local bar about a year and a half. How big is the bar and how much are you gonna entertain. Remember the bose with play the common areas very well with drifts throughout side areas. Your base is gonna be fine with 2 of them but remember your system is a evened-out sound which is gonna sound different. Your natural instinct that every person experences is wanting to push the sound because it doesn't sound loud enough. Don't worry it'll be fine. You have to get used to it.

1 tower can play a party of 250 people. 2 can do 500 confirtable.

One your tweaking I would set on side at 58 with the other at 0. That will give a nice low end. If you like test both presets at 58 for a deeper sound. Make sure you plug your jbl in the right slot. I hate for you to blow you amp.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 1:22 pm
small bar maybe 150 people i onlly have 0ne L1 and two b1's this is the combination I hope will do the job. just in case it aint enuff bass im bring the jbl powered 18 inch sub. If the bose work out ok I guess i will order the second set.

i used it in a ball room the size of a gym and the sound was amazing w/preset 58 the tower was so bright and clear the bass was tight and it sounded the same throughout the whole room. I also tried w/ the jbl sub and it sounded very boomy and alot of floor rumble but not really better than the bose beause it did not sound the same throughout the whole room like the bose and the sound was not tight and articulate like the bose. one other thing the room was empty so i dont know how the L1 will sound in a crowded room. I guess i will find out tonite. I have 45 days to return it if i dont like them

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 1:44 pm
Obviously I don't know the set up location but if you can place the base bins in a corner it would be best. No matter what place the bins stacked and flat on the floor. Keep and eye out the tend to walk because to the vibration. SIDE NOTE>>> be carefull, people have a natural instinct to lean or grab or place thier foot on the amp base. No drinks withing 3-5 feet due to spillage. I keep mine in the cover and just roll it back for easy loading and unloading. Something else you can do is rise the tower by 1/2 foot or so to bring it over peoples heads.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 2:02 pm
bose fisrt gig report L1 AND 2B1'S BASS BINS. I dont know what to say they were great. The people loved the music .they were like the mice in the pied piper. they loved the music without knowing about bose or line arays or preseets. The bose L1 should be called the magic speaker im gonna get anoter set and probadly 2 sets of b1s w/ packlites. If there are consumers that dont like thsee speakers for dj work its ok w/ me because i think they are great and it gives a a edge over the competition. thats my opinion .

Posted Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 3:45 am
Ive seen this system before but never heard them. I have read through the bose site but can find nothing about a power rating for this system.

Are they 1000 watt, 2000, 5000? One of my regular venues is big enough for 500 people, i currently take a 7 speaker, 5000 watt system to that hall. Would one or two of the bose systems be enough for that amount of people?

Dave

Posted Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 5:14 am
dave you just got to hear bose speakers working, never mind the technicalities the music is pure sweet sound coming out of them, if you ask kev nicely he might lend you his rig after me.... not

Posted Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 5:53 am
Tayla, id love to hear a set running. Dont think there's anywhere local to me (Fife, Scotland) that has these.

There also twice the price in the UK than in USA, although i would try to get a pair sent from USA (if i had the cash lol)

Posted Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 9:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)