Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Usuários do Brasil/Portugal (Existem tantos suficentes para um fórum?) Portuguese/Brazilian Users (Are there enough of you for a forum) [PORTUGUESE FORUM REOPENED] - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Speedy53 wrote :
Ivan
Dos 500, dá pra contar nos dedos de uma só mão os licenciados. Acho que pra Atomix, não-licenciados são café-com-leite e não entram na conta....rs A primeira coisa que um não licenciado lê quando posta no fórum, é "compre o programa". Já viu, né?

Through translator:

Of the 500 Ivan, tell it on the fingers of one hand the licensees. I think you Atomix, graduates are not coffee-with-milk and not enter the rs account .... The first thing that a licensee not read when called on the forum, is "buy the program." Already seen, right?

We try to encourage all users licensed or not to post and interact on this forum.
I have addressed many people in this forum acting as police and mistreating non licensed users.
Atomix makes it a commitment to encourage all users to become licensed but we still offer support and free interaction on these forums
The world is full of people using this sofware and if we didn't care or think about it we wouldn't offer the language packs we do.

Please don't sell us short, we try really hard.
You make us out to be pretty ignorant by some of the things you post.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 2:11 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I keep maintaining a "trial period" for the Portuguese forum might be the best solution to try.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 3:10 pm
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
TearEmUp
Of course I can, but I tried to do the pool last year... the feedback wasnt good enough, so I dont believe that will be usefull.

"Usuários do Brasil/Portugal (Existem tantos suficentes para um fórum?)"

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 3:13 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Speedy53 wrote :
TearEmUp
Of course I can, but I tried to do the pool last year... the feedback wasnt good enough, so I dont believe that will be usefull.

"Usuários do Brasil/Portugal (Existem tantos suficentes para um fórum?)"

Fixed..thank you Speedy...now lets see what happens...

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 3:15 pm

@Speedy53

You seem to care a lot about this, and you are a grown up adult at 37, that seems to be honest and dedicated.
So out of your initiative and views, I doubt you are looking for a new arena for illegal activities, by asking for a Portugese forum.

So let me ask this, are you up for the task for moderation for such a forum? You have the time and energy for it?

Yes, in many parts of the world, english language skills arent good, and we had a similar challenge with the "East Europe" countries, where there where loads of illegal forums, around the web. And thats the reason we made one here, to try make more come support the software in a legal and adult way.

And yes, I've seen SOOO many illegal sites from Brazil specially.. all from VDJ warez, to mp3 sharing.

Maybe a language forum here could be an arena for those who dont want to support such illegal activities, and want rather to support VDJ and its future progress.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 3:30 pm
mp3jrick
When I asked for a chance to moderate the portuguese forum, norway wrote:
dj-in-norway wrote :

You at least need VDJ pro license, and we need time to get to know you and see you as a good candidate for moderator ;)

I know thats a special task, and you got all the reasons to this. But it impressed me, with all the posts in forum with the messge "you need to buy the pro version" and the time since this topic oppening, made me do a wrong judgement about teams policys. Thats why I wrote
speedy53 wrote :

I think (on) Atomix, (only) graduates (...) enter (in) the account...

"I think" and "I'm sure" are different things, ok?

dj-in-norway
A long time ago, I would gladly say yes to be the forum moderator. Thats the one of the reasons that made me buy the soft, as you colud see here in old posts.
But after all, I dont feel confortable to fit the bill. I'm just a "pretty ignorant" guy.
Thanks, but I think you'll need someone with more to offer.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 6:12 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well for starters, a moderator needs a real name.

Are you the reeeeal Speedy Gonzalez?

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 7:20 pm
mp3jrick
Of course, its just a nickname as yours.
Im a VirtualDJ user since 2005, and as many users, started with cracked versions. Since this, I was member of 2 or 3 unnoficial communities, and moderate one of then with 6,000 members during 6 months. There, I learned a lot about this soft, but was tired of the same dumb questions and quit last year. As you can imagine, licensed users are rare on that communities, so I made an option to stay anonimous here just to mantain my profle far from add-ons hunters. And want to stay anonimous, yet.
My personal profile is updated, if you want to know my name just check it.
If the forum restarts one day, I hope you can find another moderator, I really dont want to.

Posted Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 8:12 pm
Of course you don't get any replies from Portuguese users..
as you can see, what flags do you have in General forum??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The whole community knows in this section people speak only British English and American English.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 9:00 am
Sischo
Yes, that's what is all about. There is no forum for Brazilian/Portugal users.
This is the cause I did a pool using private messages, before this one sugested by mp3jrick.
Assumig that this pool would have positive results, only curious portuguese-speaking users could find it at general discussion forum and register his opinions, even if it would be at Spanish forum (a most familiar language for that users).
But I dont know if there is a better way to do it.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 12:40 pm
I think a good start could be that you will be the first moderator for the temporary Portuguese forum and if it has a considerable number of consensus and you don't want to be the moderator anymore, Atomix may find another user who fits with this rule.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 1:39 pm
Until they open the Brazilian/Portugies Forum here a little bit Music

Cidinho & Doca - Rap das Armas

KUDURO TCHIRIRI by Costuleta

...enjoy

VDJ MIKE H. JOHN

THANKS TAYLA !

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 2:19 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
for mike...

mike and anyone else who are not sure check this out "how to" i did for posting youtube vids... hope it helps

this was made last july, so you don't need to worry about the bb code

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 2:26 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@mike, no probs, glad i could help.

crikey you caught on to my post quick... i've unleashed a monster, lol

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 6:17 pm
Nice videos.
Cidinho and Doca are brazilian MCs who were born and grew up at Cidade de Deus, a very violent place at Rio de Janeiro. The song rap das armas (weapons rap) made part of the original soundtrack of Tropa de Elite (Elite squad) movie, and is a 90's brazilian hit from a genre named "funk carioca", and was remixed for the 2Ks as consquence of the movie's commercial success. The lyrics, as gangsta rap, talk about the militar firepower of drug dealers gangs and how they deal with their enemies: the army, the cops and other gangs. The gangs fights for drug sales points and against law enforcements took Rio onto a non-declareated civil war state. I think the song is a legitimate expression way from people from favelas who suffer with prejudgement, but I believe that we have music talents with more to offer than a crime apologize.
The Kuduro is an Angolan rhythm very popular in all Africa but almost unknown in Brazil, except about some bands from Bahia. "Kuduro" means something like hard-buttocks (or hard-a**), the lyrics gets a great humor sense and have in sex the main and recorrent theme.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 7:10 pm
sischo
Thanks, but I pass it forward.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 7:32 pm
Speedy53 wrote :

If the forum restarts one day, I hope you can find another moderator, I really dont want to.

Yeah I hope we can have a Portugese forum one day too....
And with you out of the picture, we are back to square one, no potential moderator.

I have one cadidate that I'll check into, he has been a VDJ user for the longes time, but is on a busy schedule.
If anything resolves, I'll let you know

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 12:34 am
Speedy53 wrote :
sischo
Thanks, but I pass it forward.

Speedy53, but wasn't you who asks for opening a Portuguese forum???!?!?
If you do care about it, you should be the first person at stake who should say:
"Yes, I would like to be a moderator!!"

Anyhow, if you don't wish to be a moderator, I guess perhaps you don't care so much about it.
I hope dj-in-norway has a positive answer from the other user he has in mind.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 4:51 am
sischo wrote :

Speedy53, but wasn't you who asks for opening a Portuguese forum???!?!?
If you do care about it, you should be the first person at stake who should say:
"Yes, I would like to be a moderator!!"

When I open this topic one year ago, I was only a non-registered user asking about the portuguese forum. One of the reasons why I bought a license was a shot to moderate. But I wasnt good enough to moderate in past, and I did nothing to change it. Except for the last week, Im not a regular member in forum discussions and didnt show any skills about the soft. My english stinks, and my last posts were only about how disappointed I was with the team. It was good, things changes, Rune gave me a chance but, as you read above, Im pretty ignorant about some things and, with MikeHjonh, we are not enough to have a forum. Thats why I dont feel confortable to be the moderator, now.

sischo wrote :

Anyhow, if you don't wish to be a moderator, I guess perhaps you don't care so much about it.
I hope dj-in-norway has a positive answer from the other user he has in mind.

I care enough to be here talking to you and keeping this topic on, that increases the chances to other curious portuguese/brazilian users take part on it. But thats all.

dj-in-norway wrote :

I have one cadidate that I'll check into, he has been a VDJ user for the longes time, but is on a busy schedule.

I suggest you also think about users who posts here, maybe one of then could be a great moderator.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 7:46 am
Dear all
I'm very glad to announce the goal of this thread has been reached.
The portuguese forum was reopened today. I'm the moderator.
I'd like to thank the teamers, moderators, VIPs and every VirtualDJ user (licensed or not) who supported me with this idea.
If you are one of them, take part of the forum. Just click Portugues
e_Forum/Boa_sorte_ao_novo_moderador___Good_luck_a_the_new_moderator.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">here and wish me good luck (no, you will not be moderated if you write in english).

TOPIC CLOSED

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 7:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)