Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Usuários do Brasil/Portugal (Existem tantos suficentes para um fórum?) Portuguese/Brazilian Users (Are there enough of you for a forum) [PORTUGUESE FORUM REOPENED] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
How can sensitize the webmasters to create a forum in Portuguese on this site?
I'm Brazilian and this would help many users in my country, and allow exchange of information between users form Brazil, Portugal and another countries from Asia and Africa, either.

Posted Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 10:35 pm
I second the need for a Portuguese-speaking area within the forums.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 7:05 am

We had one, but no one to be a good moderator.
So it turned ugly with lots of warez posts and so on.

So the first step to get a good language forum, is good moderators that speak the language ;)

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 8:44 am
DJ-In-Norway
So, what are the requirements to "upgrade" a common user profile to a moderator profile?

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 9:09 am

You at least need VDJ pro license, and we need time to get to know you and see you as a good candidate for moderator ;)

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 9:10 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dj-in-norway wrote :

You at least need VDJ pro license, and we need time to get to know you and see you as a good candidate for moderator ;)

And loads of £$£$£$£$ sent Rune's way....... what's your address Rune...hehe.

Jimmy b

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 9:15 am
Jimmy B.
Spend money is not a problem. But have it, this is a great one...
Hey, to increase my vocabulary, what did you mean whit "Rune's way"?

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 11:07 am

Jimmy was only kidding ;) no money to be paid me .. lol... it was a joke ;)

If we see some good candidate for a Portugal forum moderator, we might add a forum for such a language ;)
But minimal requirement is of course to be full member of the forum (full licence) to be such a moderator...

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 11:10 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

Jimmy was only kidding ;) no money to be paid me .. lol... it was a joke ;)

Cheer's Rune :) for the explanations.

Jimmy b

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 11:15 am
dj-in-norway a.k.a. Rune
Now, I got it.
But the participation in discussion foruns are so difficult, 'cause there are many specs of language, like techincal ones, that restraits the possibilities of share knowledgement 'bout the soft.
So, I think the creation of a portuguese forum could open possibilities of participation for many others like me. And will create more interest about the soft, of course.
The number of registered users from Portugal, Brazil, etc. could not justify that needs?

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 11:53 am

Yes, I totally support the idea for such a forum, it has a large base of potential users (Portugal, Brazil etc) as you say.

We did have such a forum some years a go, but noone to moderate it well, so it turned into somewhat of a warez and illegal sharing of music forum, and that we dont want ;)
'
So as soon as we can find someone as good candidate for moderator for such a language forum, I'll make it happen .... :)

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 12:14 pm

Btw, anyone with a PRO licence, that speak this language, that are interested in being moderators?
(you need to be on the forum at least daily to check the forum, if so)

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 12:15 pm
I Am.
1 minute ago, I a bought a license and in this very moment my PO is been processed.
So, I'll be glad if choosen.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 12:52 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Btw, anyone with a PRO licence, that speak this language, that are interested in being moderators?
(you need to be on the forum at least daily to check the forum, if so)

I wouldn't mine doing the job Rune,......damn, don't speak Portuguese...hehe, nevermind. Good luck to anybody who fit's the bill.

Jimmy b

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 12:56 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Rune...if I were in you're shoes I would talk to AlexJ......think about it....

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 12:58 pm
Speedy53 wrote :
I Am.
1 minute ago, I a bought a license and in this very moment my PO is been processed.
So, I'll be glad if choosen.

I'll consider that, thanks for showing interest. Might give you a shot, together with more long term users from Portugal/Brazil, such as Alex, as suggested by Terry..

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 1:02 pm
dj-in-norway
Despite my 'short' experience with the program, I would inform that I can help the growth of this community, because I have access to extra-official material - as translated manual, a language.xml in portuguese, skins (like new CDJ-400) - developedby Brazilians, which I'd like to 'officialize' to share and help many others users around the world.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 1:14 pm
We could consider you, to get the forum part started ;)
But you do need that pro licence..

And if you did buy it as you said, you need to enter the serial here, to show your new status at the forum :
http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 1:18 pm
I'm with my e-mail open, anxiously waiting the Atomix Productions feedback, to do it.
But that may take 30min to 2h longer, so ... let's wait ...

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 1:31 pm
Well, the maximun time has past, and there's nothing in my e-mail.
Let's go to the Ticket Center... but its Saturday... Oh, God, I think that's will be a long wait.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 3:14 pm
25%