Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My new video: So you want to be a virtual dj? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Some more info

Sir James Wilson Vincent Savile OBE, KCSG (born 31 October 1926), commonly known as Jimmy Savile (often misspelled 'Saville'), is an English DJ, actor and television/ radio personality. He is best known for his BBC television show Jim'll Fix It, in which he made the wishes of members of the public (mainly children) come true, and for being the first and last presenter of Top of the Pops

Savile was born in Leeds, where he resides to this day, one of 7 children born to Agnes Monica (Kelly) and Vincent Joseph Marie Savile, a bookmakers clerk and insurance agent. He was a Bevin Boy, drafted during World War II to work as a coal miner. Having started playing records in dance halls in the early 40s, Savile was effectively the first ever DJ; the first person (according to his autobiography) to use two turntables and a microphone, which he did at the Grand Records Ball at the Guardbridge Hotel in 1947. Indeed, Savile is widely acknowledged as being one of the first (perhaps THE first) to use twin turntables for continuous play of music, thus pioneering the concept of DJing as we know it today. The book 'Last Night a DJ Saved My Life: 100 Years of the Disc Jockey' bears this out.

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 8:04 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Bloody hell mate, you're right.

I Can't believe it.

Jimmy b

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 8:06 am
I think we should have a picture of Jimmy Savile in the top right hand corner of the site.

Here you go Atomix.

http://www.virginmedia.com/microsites/homefamily/slideshow/celebrity-geniuses/img_5.jpg" border="0">

:P

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 8:37 am
hahahaha..hilarious....He really does look like a geek tool.

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 8:47 am
I've learned alot today. Thanks.
:)

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 9:20 am
very funny as always ......

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 9:32 am
DJ_Manixx wrote :
hahahaha..hilarious....He really does look like a geek tool.

Jimmy Savile or Socross??

@ Socross: Sorry for hijacking your thread a littlle.

Once again ,top video !!!

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 9:37 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
digimixer wrote :

Some more info

Sir James Wilson Vincent Savile OBE, KCSG (born 31 October 1926), commonly known as Jimmy Savile (often misspelled 'Saville'), is an English DJ, actor and television/ radio personality. He is best known for his BBC television show Jim'll Fix It, in which he made the wishes of members of the public (mainly children) come true, and for being the first and last presenter of Top of the Pops

Savile was born in Leeds, where he resides to this day, one of 7 children born to Agnes Monica (Kelly) and Vincent Joseph Marie Savile, a bookmakers clerk and insurance agent. He was a Bevin Boy, drafted during World War II to work as a coal miner. Having started playing records in dance halls in the early 40s, Savile was effectively the first ever DJ; the first person (according to his autobiography) to use two turntables and a microphone, which he did at the Grand Records Ball at the Guardbridge Hotel in 1947. Indeed, Savile is widely acknowledged as being one of the first (perhaps THE first) to use twin turntables for continuous play of music, thus pioneering the concept of DJing as we know it today. The book 'Last Night a DJ Saved My Life: 100 Years of the Disc Jockey' bears this out.

maybe we can make a video about 'payolla' and use humor bits from the 'What people say that get on your nerves' thread

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 10:09 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks everybody!!

@digimixer: Interesting stuff!

I think I might make more videos in the 50's style, it was a lot of fun to mess around with!

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 12:43 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Oh yeah, the gear I use in the video:

Dell XPS m1210 laptop
Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1
American Audio headphones
Pioneer DJM-400 mixer

The sound card is bus powered, so no external power is needed.

Posted Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 1:00 pm
Great vid buddy... !

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 2:48 pm
OMG I love it!

DJ JumpinJim

Posted Tue 04 Mar 08 @ 8:02 pm
really good stuff!!!

Posted Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 1:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)