Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Windows Media Player

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can anyone help me with an irritating problem i'm having using WMP to rip a CD.

I insert the disc, and it brings up all the wrong info for same names etc. I select the edit option and and retype everything and rip. All good so far.

Later on down the line, WMP seems to update the song names with the original wrong names & artists again. Whats happening?

Gary

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 4:23 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Weird. I use WMP to rip my discs as well and i can't say i've ever experienced this one.

Is WMP changing the names of the songs after you've ripped theme? Or are you playing the songs from disc even thought you'v ripped them? If it's changing the names of the ripped files, this is a weird one. Do you have a live internet connection on your machine when you're gigging? If so, I'd kill that, or at least disable WMP's update feature. WMP won't be able to 'update' itself if it doesn't have a net connection.

Other than that, I can't even think why that would be doing that...unless of course when you're ripping your discs you're not actaully editing the tracks properly.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 4:04 am
The problem is that there is an option in WMP (Windows Media Player) to update your music if it sees that information is missing or what it deems to be incorrect. To fix this, go to TOOLS then OPTIONS. Click on the PRIVACY tab and look for the checkbox "Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet". Un-check that box and WMP should no longer modify you music without your consent. Also go to the LIBRARY tab and un-check "Retrieve additional information from the Internet". Those two options will mess up tags if you leave them turned on.

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 9:54 am
winamp. just works better with Gracenote at reading tags. even if it doesnt read bpm's.

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 2:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)