Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Nobody warned me this timecode thing was so addictive...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006

I gave up vinyl in favour of CDs in the late 90s, moving to computer based DJing in around 2000/2001. Since I dropped the decks, I've gotten so used to play/cue buttons and pitch bend buttons, I'd forgotten how much fun it is to use vinyl.

On a bit of a whim, I bought a secondhand Numark CDX on Ebay the other day for £155, and it arrived this morning. Burned a timecode CD, hooked it up to my MK2, and I've been playing non stop for the last 4 hours!

Now I've got a U46DJ soundcard on order off Ebay (£68, thankyou), and am looking for a second CDX unit. Also planning to completely rebuild my console around the CDXs, my DAC-2 and external mixer, with a PC upgrade that will handle video, effects and timecode all at once. This could quickly become expensive! Boys & their toys eh.... ;-)

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 9:37 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Yep, love my CDX's too they respond very well with VDJ.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 10:33 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Good luck with that Sherz, now with you playing around with your system too, we'll have to get a 3rd back up machine for us both on Monday nights! lol

Gary

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:21 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
No worries Gary, managed to fix my laptop after it went up in smoke the other week... that means between us we have 3 computers, 5 cd players and 2 turntables... I think we're covered for monday nights! ;-)

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 6:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)