Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Design spot 250

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Anyone here have any experience with the Elation design spot 250 ?
If so what do you think of it ?

Posted Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 9:00 pm
No experience with it, but if i look at it on the clips it seems like a nice fixture. You should go and check for yourself if the light effectiveness is what you want. Has a great Philips lamp: the same sort that we use in our 250 spots (check my blog). Can't determine the quality of the optics like that but the only thing that i can think of is that -even at max speed- the color wheel seems kind of slow...

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 3:36 am
Have 2 love them both. I've done a couple club installations in the past year where that was the light used if they didn't go for a Mac250. Absolutely amazing light with tons of features. And best of all, every feature is controlled with a DMX channel. The prism facet and dual gobo wheels can make some amazing effects. I really like the ability to be able to frost, basically being able to create a wash out the light. I recommend this light to anyone interested.

www.djdraco.com (just launched)

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 8:17 am
The wash effect is what i am really interested in, how does it look ?

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 2:38 pm
I own 5 of them... the wash is OK... not quite as good as a dedicated wash, but definitely usable... this is my favorite light hands down... you couldn't get me to take martin Mac 250's over these if you gave them to me...

they do so much, they're perfectly balanced, feature packed, all gobos are replaceable, and bright as hell!

I highly recommend them...

My only complaint is that like most other lights out there... the red color is worthless.... other than that... they rock!

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 3:09 pm
I was hoping you'd chime in steve, i saw ur post in the elation forum and wanted to hear what your personal experience and thoughts where.
I ordered 4 of them last night and should have them by next wednesday. Just out of curiosity, HOW IS THE UV FEATURE? I had a feeling the wash wouldn't be as strong as a dedicated wash, i figured one would loose something but if it's usable as you say it should do just well. I plan on running them with some led cans i have that i think if run in conjunction with each other should give most rooms i play in a nice color fill.
Thanks for the response fellas.

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 3:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)