Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Time to go shopping!!! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hmmm, that Aphex distorsion based enhancer requires you to do adjustments for every song, that is a recording tool or a single instrument or track sound coloration tool, not a live foh device, if you like distortion by sound coloration you should use bose(has no highs, has no lows, must be bose, but souns good for novice whoom never listened to live instruments)

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 3:32 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
djlex wrote :
Hmmm, that Aphex distorsion based enhancer requires you to do adjustments for every song,

No it does not..its a great tool for enhancing your audio signal to the crowd..my systems sound much better since buying three of them. Its a rocking piece of kit. BTW...before we get into it..I started DJing 25 years ago after doing live sound for bands for a few years so I do appreciate and know the difference between the two applications. Your way works best for you....mine works best for me..this thread was started by someone asking for help...help doesn't mean talking him into your way of doing things..it means suggesting and encouraging him to investigate what is best for his needs... not yours or mine.

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 4:09 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that makes you experienced and older, no wonder you need enhancements (please do not get offended, but when did you had your last audiogram, I've seen this phenomenon in many artists that spent too much time with loud live gear).So before we start it you should know that I was aroud for a while too and I still do live bands and big events and a fair share of recording, anyway you said it, sounds good for you and that makes no differance to me, but a good pa with a good source should not need enhancements.(Aphex uses harmonic synthesis and reverse gates to alter, hence distort the source signal and requires advaned knowledge of the trade to be able to set it up properlly, is something that I would never recomend to a novice or begginer, plus I strongly believe that it should be adjusted pretty often to get the most out of it, because doesn't have a real time analyser to autocorrect the parameters, it applies the effect constantly)

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 4:42 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Now your questioning my physical health??Odd way to argue your point...my ears are fine thanks....I wear ear plugs..have for a long time...you have your way I have mine..please stop..this is not helping this user gain any useful information.....

I keep repeating..do your homework and make the best choice for you..not for me or anyone else...everyone does things differently.

Posted Thu 21 Feb 08 @ 6:48 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I need to go try this Aphex 204 thingy to se how good It will enhance my Dynacord D-lite 2000 sound.

I will put this Aphex 204 thingy between my mixer and the Dynacord DSP244 which Is an audio signal proccessor.

I should receive this thingy next week!

Any other advice on this product?

Posted Fri 22 Feb 08 @ 8:33 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well, I received the Aphex 204 yesterday and I am extremely pleased with It.
I am very Impressed. I did a little soundcheck and It really makes a huge difference.

Thank you Cstoll and TearEmUp for the suggestion.

It Is a simple Item to use with tremendous almost magical result from that little box.

I am very pleased.

Posted Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 11:47 pm
juanisthebigdog, Does your system buzz at all?

Posted Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 5:46 pm
Yes it has a buzz in it

nothing to loud but I can hear it

Posted Fri 07 Mar 08 @ 10:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)