Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Are You Trying to Update the Firmware in Your MK2?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, if you have a (Weltrend)6 control firmware, you can pretty much forget it. In fact, Hercules Technical Support seems to think that it is absolutely unnecessary unles you are having problems with LEDs staying lit.

Hercules Tech Support wrote :
Thank you for your request. In order to resolve the issue you have encountered with your DJ Console MK2 PC, please refer to our response herewith:

I think there is a problem if you have the Firmware v1.3.13.6 because it's the good one and you do not need to update anything unless some LED's are staying ON.

First, let us give you a brief insight on the firmware version of your DJ Console.

Let us resume [sic] that your firmware version is 1.1.13.6
the part 1.1 is related to the hardware version. Some consoles have 1.1, some have 1.2, and fnally, there is a small group with 1.3
13 is the version of the Audio firmware (TUSB). With older drivers, Audio firmware had version 12.

6 is the version of controller Firmware (PSOC). Some consoles have version 6, and some of them have version 7.

Since you have firmware version 13.6, you do not need to upgrade it, because your firmware is already up-to-date. The devices having firmware 13.7 have as well the latest firmware, but number 7 is specific to a different hardware version (or P/N).

Please confirm withch LED's are staying ON and if you have another problem besides the firmware update please tell us.

If you really need to update the firmware please call the technical support and we will do this together.

What I find disturbing about this is that there is absolutely nothing in their FAQ about any of this, and so you must e-mail tech-support to even arrive at these conclusions...Oh well, that's the way it is, I suppose. Hopefully this will help those of you whom have become frustrated with the whole "firmware update" thing ;)

BTW, if you are trying to update your audio firmware only (to v13), you do not use the 1,2,3 buttons on the left side. You hold in the "talkover" button while plugging the console in with the updater open. The rest of the procedure is the same as this one.

Doc

Posted Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 1:50 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Read on my blog (Click my name) for more info on this;)

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 2:16 am

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 2:33 am
Great Info Spinna, I think you should add this to my Attn All MK2 users topic as I think it may help some users:)

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 11:54 am
Thanks for your addition, SpinnaJ :)
Very clear procedure, with pics!

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 1:11 pm
Im gonna give it a try later just to see what version I am supposed to have as compared to what I have. Although I had one of the best nights last night with vdj rev 7 than I had in a longggg time.

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 1:24 pm
Thnks Brian n Doc...

@Brian

Already put the input on ur att all mk2 user in the general forum;)

Posted Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 2:03 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
...had one of the best nights last night with vdj rev 7 than I had in a longggg time.

Great to hear that, Brian :D

I guess your 4.1 workaround is solid, then!

Posted Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 11:02 pm
Actually I am using 2 soundcards as I like the way the preview is compared to truning the selector on the mk2. I use the mk2 just for the phones and the onboard for the master out. I can actually say that with this new revision I dont have video jumps after the transitions anymore on automix and I bumped my trans time to 4 and love it:)

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 12:21 am
hello everyone,
I just try all this steps for upgrading the firmware on my laptop with windows xp and i didn't get no luck. I received an error code 10.
Finally after upgrade the firmware of my MK2 in my desktop that has vista, the problem now is setting up the sound. I cannot set my headphones right. Everytime i switch from deack a to b or visceversa the output Sound changes and everybody can hear the songs of both decks. I try diferent settings and nothing works. My normal settings are : input=none, output =headphones and as a sound card i use the MK2.

thanx for your help
henry

BY the way, how do you type or make it in Bold letters when you r in the run window

Posted Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 10:10 am
Hi henry, it best u send those error code to herc for further clarification.

Are u using the 2007 drivers on vista? N are u using external mixer too?

Posted Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 1:30 pm
spinnaJ wrote :
Hi henry, it best u send those error code to herc for further clarification.

Are u using the 2007 drivers on vista? N are u using external mixer too?

Yes I'm using the drivers 2007 for vista. No external mixer.

But the error msg is on my laptop which has windows xp.
thanx for ur help

Posted Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 4:56 pm
Not to double post but this seems more pertinent thread. I've tried the method described (involving pushing the talkover button or 1+2+3 buttons) however I can't get past step 6 because while the procedure works once every 1.000.000.000 times i try it, every time my computer reboots i'm confronted with the "Mk2 Updater" window containing only the text "Please connect your Hercules DJ Console Mk2 to your PC's USB port or disconnect and then reconnect it" and the window doesn't respond to either of the above described methods (although it has once, after rebooting I can't seem to get it to work again). On successful attempts I don't have to check under a "Flash" column, it loads automatically so I can skip steps 6 through whatever. My Device manager responds to it and the Mixer window 'About' tab reads:

PackageL 2.CMK2.2007

Firmware v1.0.12.0
Driver v3.4.0.0
DJ API v2.0.8.2
CPL v1.4.3.2

I notice this isn't the most updated firmware for some reason. I installed both the 2006 and 2007 installations and my firmware number never corresponded to the ones displayed at the top of this thread.

Posted Mon 10 Mar 08 @ 11:49 pm
I did the Firmware update yesterday to success - FIRST TIME THROUGH.

You have to follow the instructions to a T, but it works.

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 11:43 am
@Himura

Does your MK2 have the Weltrend flash? Did you remember to kill the HDJ2CPL.exe process before you start the updater? Did you add the "-manual" switch to the end of the command in the "run" box when running the updater? As far as the message to unplug & replug, that is after the update has completed, usually, but if you are skipping steps, you're likely missing something important in the procedure.

Like dansegel says, you must perform the procedure exactly as written, or it won't work. Even though the Weltrend firmware flash does not seem to be upgradable, the audio portion IS. Check SpinnaJ's blog for more help.

My suggestion is to carefully try again, step by step, and report your progress or difficulties...take your time, and good luck ;)

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 1:57 pm
Diskjockeydoc how do you know if it is a Weltrend, I am runnin with what I have just fine so that must mean that I have the most recent firmware upgrade.

Posted Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 6:44 pm
When you follow the manual update procedure (use the talkover button, 1,2,3 don't do anything using this firmware), it will list v6 (Weltrend) instead of v6 (posc) under control firmware. Hercules, in a recent e-mail, states that 13 indicates the firmware version, and 6 indicates the internal hardware. So, if you have 13.6 with the Weltrend, you have the "latest."

BTW, mine's running okay, too (in 5.0.7), thanks to your 4.1 workaround, thanks again for that :-D

I'm preparing to go live with it this weekend at a karaoke gig (so far so good in testing)--keep your fingers crossed for me, huh? I was using 5.0.6, but I want to take advantage of the karaoke plugin and missed request logging features ;)

Posted Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 2:47 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 10:16 am
marksyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does anyone have to problem about the leds turning off? mine turn on when i power then most of them all just turn off. its annoying.

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 2:16 am
marksy wrote :
Does anyone have to problem about the leds turning off? mine turn on when i power then most of them all just turn off. its annoying.

That behavior is by design. The LEDs turn on during the boot process of the controller, then the source LEDs should be the only thing on after that. When you start VDJ (depending on version), the LOOP LEDs usually come on as well.

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)