Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Setting Up Macros

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

banchodHome userMember since 2008
How in the world can you order macros? I'm trying to set a macro to skip beats and save a cue. But when I use the assigned keyboard button to perform the two actions, it saves the cue first, then skips the beats, but I would like the opposite order to occur. I have set macros that require an order in the past as well, and they have performed in the desired order. It isn't clear to me how I am able to order it opposite at times.

I tried combinations of setting each of the shortcuts in a separate order to create the same macro, but to no avail in this occurrence. How do you set the macro's order? Since macros are allowed, I'd assume there should be a way to order them. THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Posted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 5:25 am
Sorry to bump this up, but is there no way to do this? If not, seems like a simple thing to try and include for the next release ;) ...well, that and being able to create a shortcut that simulates a mouse hold on the turntable with a keyboard button. Of course, a Hold shortcut is already possible, but if it can be a "Mouse_Hold", then moving the mouse on the touchpad would make it automatically scratch anywhere on the screen (allowing one to be nimble without touching the wheels on his/her table). Would do wonders for the default skin that has a very tiny turntable.

Thoughts?

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 12:53 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
The shorcut macros are sorted chronologically when you assign it, meaning that whatever is assigned first is executed first. You can however change the order of the macro by re-organizing the shortcuts with the "up" and "down" buttons.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 08 @ 2:51 am
hey k_one, thanks for the advice. I did try setting the macro shortcuts chronologically, but it didn't work. I then also tried doing the up/down thing, and still didn't work. Give it a try yourself. Try setting something to jump back 4 beats and setting a cue. It will always set the cue first. Even if it was to Jump back for 4 beats and then loop. It always loops, then jumps back 4 beats. (does this with any number of beats)

Posted Tue 19 Feb 08 @ 12:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)