Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help With BCD2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Just purchased a BCD2000 as a gift for a mate of mine, but it keeps freezing when using with VDJ 5.07. I've done a search on this forum and configured the settings accordingly.
While I've been able to play for a longer time after configuring the settings it stil keeps freezing. I've got safemode and overclock unchecked, Tried activating then deactivating safe mode
and then Audio starts playing again before freezing up again ten minutes later.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers.

Posted Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 6:45 pm

Anything ??

Posted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 12:50 am
kaoz99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
idmk wrote :

Anything ??

I havent upgraded yet to 5.0.7 but works perfectly with 5.0.6.

Will keep you posted as i am planning to upgrade on the weekend after i take a ghost image of my laptop :-)

Kaoz

Posted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 1:06 am

Cheers Mate, I'll try it out on 5.05 as i didnt upgrade to 5.06.

Posted Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 6:55 am

5.05 doesnt seem to make a difference, Doeas anyone else have any suggestions, or is there a particular reason as to why this freezing ,
or playing of audio completely stops with the BCD2000? Is this an issue with the BCD2000 as then I could return it.
Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 5:58 am
If you were to do a search on the forums regarding the BCD2000 you might come to the conclusion of:

This controller is a good controller when everything is mapped and fully functional but it does have more bad qualities WITH vdj than good.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 11:58 am
Try disabling 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' in Device Manager. This stopped the freezing for me, even after all my other tweaks. I'm back to using Traktor since it works flawlessly with my new VCI-100, but the newer versions of Traktor(after 3.1.3) were dropping out with my BCD2000 as well. I had tweaked and disabled till blue in the face, but the above tweak did it for me. Good luck! By the way, I'm using a Sony VAIO 1.6 Dual Core.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 4:03 pm
Hey I copied this from another forum here's what he did.......So, let me share with my fellas djs what I did to make it work.

here is the instructions. Open device manager and under batteries disable Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery Then go down to the list to Universal serial bus controllers right click on USB Root Hub and choose properties. Under power management , uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" Do this with each USB root HUB that you have in your laptop or desktop. This problem happens more with laptops, I have a Dell XPS 1330 and it has 7 USB root hubs

Posted Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 12:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)