Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0.7 - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dj-in-norway wrote :
No, the denon is not fixed yet (need fix from Denons side)

There is a firmware update on Denon's site. I saw it there yesterday.

orange

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 10:14 am
Cheers team. No complaints from me since the last updsate from MS . Just wondered what the new Karaoke plugin does.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 12:59 pm
Any response regarding the pitch issue? Has anyone else noticed?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 1:20 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
Any response regarding the pitch issue? Has anyone else noticed?

I am having the same problem

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 1:48 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
which pitch issue?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 3:58 pm
The one I mentioned on page 3, fifth post down.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 4:03 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ah, think the dac3 is about that too.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 4:04 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Good update - some nice features were implemented here, and it's great to see that the dev team is listening to their users.

I like the concept of the new Karaoke plugin, but I'm not too fond of its implementation. It seems a little... hackish... how it opens up a separate window for the rotation list. Couldn't there just be another field that one can add to the normal playlist, and then use a context menu option to fill in the name of the Singer or the like? Also, when you drag a big list over, and you get repeatedly prompted about the name of the singer, it's very difficult to enter the names in because you can't see what song you're entering the name for. Can this dalogue display the filename that you are associating with the singer whose name you are entering?

Other than that, pretty handy little feature for the KJs out there.

The video linking feature could be handy - probably not something I'd use much... obviously "borrowed" from serato for those people who think it'd be useful. I'd really like it if there were some way of actually adjusting the video timing so that you could have it sync with the song - that functionality would take this feature and rub it right in Serato's face! Maybe one could use the other deck to line up the video and pitch it to where it needs to be and then press a button to insert it into the song (on the other deck) at that point? I kind of do that manually by playing a song in one deck, and the video in the other, and then sometimes I'll switch back and forth between them when it's time to load a new song, but something like this would prevent me from needing to do that. (i.e. I have a lot of videos but usually prefer mixing into the extended club mixes, which I only have audio versions of, so that's how I compromise).

Also, it's nice that some new skin features have been implemented. I might just have a looksee and determine if there is something that can be added into my VideoVision skin with the multibuttons.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 1:20 am
I appreciate the work and response the team are giving, but I have to agree regarding the Karaoke plug in, its pants and not well thought out at all. I suppose i was spoilt with the design of the PCKJ plugin as that is what i want with in VDJ. Also since installing 5.7 on my test rig it freezes and slower even after D9 install to the previous 5.6 so pleased i did'nt take it out in the field last night.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 3:38 am
Just downloaded upgrade onto my Vista gig machine and it is advising that VDJ failed to start because d3dx9_dll was not found try installing the application to fix this problem. I did and also downloaded the latest Direct X, any ideas please?

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 6:59 am
Can wait to start using !

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 8:08 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 8:57 am
taninaCUE userMember since 2007
Do you have to uninstall Cue to install 5.0.7? Also, is the support team ignoring all references to the slideshow problems? So far someone else seems to be working on the problem while VDJ sits idle while he's doing their job.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 7:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The SlideShow plugin was created by a USER and not the Atomix Development team. Please communicate those issues in the Plug-in section of the forums.

As to installing v5.0.7 -- just run the install -- no need to uninstall.

Must make sure your DirectX is up-to-date (link provided earlier in this thread) in order for the Karaoke plug-in to work.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 9:24 pm
This new update is GREAT !!!

Thanks to the team.

The karaoke plugin is excellent. No more paper needed.

Only 1 question left: where can I find the button to log requests?

Reading the manual but canĀ“t see it.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 1:57 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

It's on the right hand side of the "bullseye" at the end of the search bar.

Have you tested your MK2 out yet, with this new rev, I have and it's pants, is yours any good.

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 2:07 am
Not tested the mk2 out yet but then my crossfader dose not work even, and next to the bullseye I have the paper with the plus on it but clicking on it dose nothing.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 3:19 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think Charlie you type in a track, if you haven't got it then, hit that paper thing then it saves it in your VirtualDJ folder, in my Doc, like a crash report. I may be wrong though. I think thats how it works

Jimmy b

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 3:29 am
Hi all

Forgive me i new at the whole - Rev / version number thing!

Is the same release yo are talking about here (5.0.7) been released fro cue yet as the version im using says its 5.0.7 however i canot find the new Automix buttons - ie Automix next etc (The workaround to bring back the highly talked about 2 deck automix sortof)

Thanks for any help you can give!!!

blackboxboy

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 3:52 am
MK1 on XP is not working in the new relaese

Posted Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 4:19 am
47%