Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: THE BEAT AT THE MIDDLE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

beltramHome userMember since 2003
Hello everybody the first impression was not bad from the demo version some crashes and difficulty to use the new program but i think in the future these problems they will be corrected
The most important problem in the functionalism is the waveform (i don't know if you will understand) but i would like the song start at the left edge of the mix window (like atomix) and not at the middle because i have more space to see what is coming and i can handle my mix better.
Is this a problem i can fix myself ?
(sorry for my misunderstanding english languge)

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 12:00 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
You can't change that. Sorry.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 12:47 pm
thanks again dams

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 12:54 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Would be nice if we could...

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 1:12 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try using the zoom view..

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 3:07 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
simply move your mouse wheel on the waveform to zoom in /out

Posted Wed 16 Jul 03 @ 12:42 am
thanks men but zoom gives the possibility to see more part of the song and not the facility like atomix to manage your mix on the waveform before the sound go out. You know what i mean at atomix i had 3 to 4 seconds to see what comes and the beat bars are distinct at vdj i have only 2 seconds. if i'll zoom out the bars are not clearly and i don't have the detail i need when i mix.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 03 @ 11:54 am
i agree completely.

cant you guys develop a way of making the wave forms
back the sound on the left side of the waveform viewing
window?

it makes life soooo much easier

Posted Wed 16 Jul 03 @ 12:17 pm
sdemPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree full for the early tread!

Posted Wed 16 Jul 03 @ 6:00 pm
Hello guys ! That's a friendly message !

I agree with you !

When i used virtual dj for the first time, the beat bar in the middle (of the visualization area) was the first thing I observed.

That's not easy to mix with this visual area !!!

It was better with atomixmp3 v2.x when the beat bar was completely at left of the screen..

Message to the maker of Virtual DJ

So, it would be REALLY RECOMMENDED to fix this problem: put the beat bar at left of the screen. (or simply allow the user to decide where to put it )

Finally, it's just a little bar, but this cause a major problem !

So, i hope that virtual dj 1.03 will have a beat bar at the left of the screen !

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 4:08 am
If you have an extra soundcard... you can use the line-in port to play an external soundsource in virtualDJ... like a cd-player, vinyl, MD, tape or whatever. There is no way for VirtualDJ to predict or calculate the wavform for this soundsource, but it can show a visualization of what has just been played. Using this visualization, you can beatmatch visually to the external soundsource.

In your browser window.. under desktops.. you should see an element(directory) called "Sound Cards". Click on it and you should see a list of soundcards. drag one of them to a desk and virtualdj start to show a visualization of the waveform. I believe it is the same principle as "Final Scratch" or ahatever it is called.

If you move everything to the left side... you can't have this feature.

I hope my explanation made any sense.

- Jim

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 12:41 pm
ok Jim but is this feature so important against the importance of controlled and easy mixing ?
And if you believe that, then as djpierre wrote "simply allow the user to decide where to put it "

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 2:52 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
>There is no way for VirtualDJ to predict or calculate the wavform for this soundsource...

... OR - IS THERE? Spoooookeeee
:-)

I like the new bar in the middle, it helps when you spin back, but it should be movable.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 2:57 pm
nscode: You tell me.

Maybe it could, using the data it has collected while sampling the soundsource.

- jim

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 3:07 pm
I agree with the previous posts, even with the zoom function it is not easy to use.

GnoedeL

Posted Thu 24 Jul 03 @ 10:44 pm
Obviously if the line-in source would be sampled, that would make VDJ play in different sync than the realtime output from say, external mixer. Not really feasible. And if you zoom out then eventually the line-in source would have to disappear :)

Posted Fri 25 Jul 03 @ 10:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)