Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Suggestion Box Suggestion :)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First of, thanks for this new feature, it's a great idea!

1) What would make it an INCREDIBLE tool would be a way of quickly "rating" (bad, ok, great) the last mix so that it does or does not make it to the suggestion box the next time around, or gets highlighted as a killer mix the next time around

2) Or, if 1) would prove to painful to implement, at least a way to permanently delete a suggestion from the suggestion box. But that wouldn't be nearly as cool as 1)

If I understand correctly, the suggestion box bases itself on past history/playlists to find which tracks have been mixed with the current track. However the fact that they have been mixed together doesn't imply that the mix was good, especially if like me you are using external controlers and a mixer: you pre-listen or evaluate a mix in the headphones, but even if you never sent it to the main output because it sucked, VDJ will assume that you did (for VDJ, you mixed the two tracks).

Thanks for listening to our needs, I'm amazed version after version. This is the best software investment I've ever made :)

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 8:44 am
That's very true and improvement on this would be good eg "Rate last Mix" also VDJ marks tracks as played once you've played only 20 seconds although this isn't a major thing because even if I decide not to play the track after listening on CUE but it gets marked, when I look it up later I'll generally remember, it's only a problem when I'm dealing with requests.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 2:43 pm

Yes, you are correct, and my analysis of VDJs selection critera was the same as yours.

Although it COULD be developed into a very useful tool, it is very crude at this stage.

There should be more sophisticated filtering processes involved (like relitive BPM, for instance), and I hate the way it just replaces whatever you already had displayed in the track list,.. forcing you to go back and find the folder you were currently working out of, and then having to re-order it by BPM or whatever.

A "pop-up" list would be much more practical, since you're only going to pick one track before going back to your regular list anyway.

Posted Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 12:39 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Wed 01 Dec 04 @ 11:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)