Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mix session anyone?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CulpritPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey Guys, how's it going?

I have a house mix show that is currently streaming house / electro / techno 24/7 just like the virtual dj radio is, but we are going live every wednesday at 8PM starting in March. We are in the States, and I would like to know if any virtual dj users would like to send in a mix and setup a live interview which will be pre recorded and played live every wednesday inbetween our live mix sets. Would any of you be interested? We are also looking for some small sponsors to come on the show and advertise whatever you do. Selling Merchandise like music or clothing, Selling a service such as doing flyers, production or live events or anything music / dj related. Sound interested to any of you? I look foward to hearing from all of you.

Posted Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 12:31 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Very interested Culprit.

I'm in Scotland so a fair bit to travel but I'm sure we could push technology to make it happen. I've only been at the DJ thing since May 2007 and feel I'm about there in terms of getting good quality reliable mixes. I don't pigeon hole myself to 1 particular genre so can accomodate whatever.

Do you have a link to your site where I can get contact details?

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 7:30 am
BwhuDControlleristMember since 2008
YES MATE V.INTERESTED.

BASED IN LONDON,PLAY SIMILAR GENRE STUFF,BUT WITH A LOT OF CLASSICS THROWN IN.

HOW CAN I PUT MY MP3/WAV MIX ON HERE??

REGARDS

bWHUd

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 8:04 am
You can check out the stream here at http://66.92.41.127:8000/listen.pls

You can email me your mixes straight to ed@laloud.com. They have to be a live mix, and cannot have been released or rebroadcasted anywhere live on the internet.

Thanks for the quick response guys! Should be fun!

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 10:12 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'll be up for it, it would be a right laugh.

I Could do live one for you, when I play my House and electro night in town, could record it and send it, when I learn how to record myself, LOL

Have you thought about getting VirtualDJ involved. Why don't you send a email to the top dogs and see. I'm sure they would like the advisement.

Jimmy b

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 10:24 am
Hah yeah that would be awesome. Im up for anything and everything like that. Right now I am planning to get international dj's small and big, bedroom and club to be a part of it, and build from there. I appreicate the support. I cant wait for the interviews =] When you record that live mix, send it over to ed@laloud.com. Glad to hear from you!

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 10:28 am
8:PM, but which times zone? I will definitely give it a listen. Seems like that's all I do nowadays, listen to mixes from other DJ's that share on the net and practice. Maybe I'll send in a mix if I can ever get a decent one recorded. Been playing with MixedinKey to start working on harmonic mixing that should help some.
Sorry to get off topic. Great thing your'e starting, Culprit, good luck.

TD

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 11:41 am
Yes, definately interested!

I spin soulful deep house & Brazilian house.

How long a mix are you looking for and at what bitrate do you need the mix recorded at?

I'm in Toronto, Canada

Posted Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 2:31 pm
Sorry I have not responded latly. Yah the mix will be approx 45 mins with a 15 minute interview vocally. Birate 320k is preferred but 192k minimum. Thanks fella'z!

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 5:49 pm
What time zone in the states, I'm central time.

Posted Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 6:05 pm
Pacific Standard Time =] The server is 100% up and running. You can stream it at http://www.myspace.com/slamradiomixshow or go to shoutcast and search "slamradio". The studio & live sessions will be available shortly =]

Posted Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 11:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)