Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual Dj v5.6 and CPU Problems - Help Please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi There all

1 - Is there anyway to improve Cpu Performance in Virtual dj Pro v5.rev6, im using Total Contol Controller which is good?

im using all videos (vobs, mpeg2, xvid, avis and mp4) & cpu is at 4% with no videos playing?

Cpu is at 30% - 45% with one video playing?

Cpu is at 100% when playing 1 video and loading second video?

Cpu is at 70% to 90% when searching through video for cue point when 1 video is playing?

this dont seem normal as virtual dj v5.rev2 handled all above better

2 - Also with Virtual dj i have noticed that when using the search bar in virtual dj v5 rev6 it has problems finding new files and some music, when i can see and use the files in folder on hard drive?

3 - I have also notice that when searching a video backwards on deck 2, it pauses for split seconds the main video output?

4 - can Virtual dj Play mKv or m2v files? is yes how please

can any one help fix these problems?

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 12:10 pm
The question are: What CPU you have? How many RAM you have? What Video Card you have?

I cant remember how to add files extension to play in VDJ, but Yes, it can play mkv and m2v. I dont remember how to do it, but remeber that I read that here.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 1:59 pm
ok

CPU is intel P4 3.2ghz, 1gb RAM, ATI 64mb dedicated memory

Post link here of where you read that it plays mkv and m2v files plz

thanks for swift relpy

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 2:52 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As I posted in your other thread, yes, VDJ can play Matroska files, I use some myself. If you have the codec installed, just add the extension and select "Video Decoder" IIRC.

With respect to the video mixing, your system is a bit on the low-end side for that IMHO.

From the VDJ page, recommended video mixing specs are:

Dual Core 2 GhZ CPU
dual output ATI or nVidia video card with 1Gb of on-board memory (no integrated laptop videocard)
2048 MB RAM

I'd definately look at upgrading your video card, assuming it's not a laptop. What kind of card is it?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 3:12 pm
thanks scott for your reply

It is a laptop so it looks like upgrade is a must? or if i break the bank get a macbook pro? maybe?

where can i get the matroska codec?

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 3:52 pm
A dual core processor will keep the CPU from pegging out when loading a file. (Even when it does max out, it isn't anything to worry about.) Try adding the MKV extension into the CODECS section and see it if works. I've been able to play the files with the internal video decoder with Version 5 rev 6.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 3:59 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 7:19 pm
ok scott

i will try it, hope it works for me too, lol

Posted Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 8:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)