Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 5 processing bit depth

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ_KCTControlleristMember since 2007
Hi there,

I could not find any info on that when searching here, so please excuse me if I post something here that has been answered before.
I am currently testing the VDJ 5 trial and I am quite happy so far with, however I like to know what the audio processing bit depth is for
the different quality settings.

For those that are interested, I had posted a mix in the appropriate forum section. I am quite happy with it considering using no midi HW.

Thanks VDJ Team

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 10:54 am
My educated _guess_ is that it is processing internally at 44.1kHz, 16 bit. That is based on the settings available under the performances tab in config - i.e., conversion of 48kHz videos/audio using basic interpolation or lowpass filter. Note, this conversion implies a quality loss of more highly-encoded material.

Hopefully soon they'll decide to process everything internally at 48kHz, or even better, 96kHz/24bit. Most good soundcards can process at these sampling rates and it will increase the quality of sound, especially from 48kHz sources. Note that upconverts from 44.1kHz to 48 or 96kHz do not pose a quality loss.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 1:27 pm
DJ_KCTControlleristMember since 2007
Hi Handyman,

thanks for trying to help, but I think you misunderstood me as you are referring to sampling rates and bit resolution.
I was just wondering what VDJ does when mixing two tracks and perhaps using effects as well. The internal
processing depth or math accuracy should be something like

16 bit or 24 bit or 32 bit or even 64 bit.

What accuracy is it ?

Thanks

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 6:48 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
it is 16 bit only.

Posted Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 9:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)