Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Textlive

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 7:25 pm
I have it and use it... it's cool, but I've had zero luck upselling it to clients... If you're buying it to have a cool gimmick, it's the bomb, but as a money maker, it's kind of a flop.

Posted Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 9:18 pm
Steve Lynch wrote :
I have it and use it... it's cool, but I've had zero luck upselling it to clients... If you're buying it to have a cool gimmick, it's the bomb, but as a money maker, it's kind of a flop.

Steve, what is the cost for this? Is it a one time fee? Is there a way for you to make money on the calls, like a 900 number? I saw it in a club at the AC convention, and thought to myself, "what a waste of time". However, if you can make money off these morons, I am all in.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 1:00 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi guys

check out a post by sbdj in the pluggin section he is currently working on a project exactly like this

[quote=SBDJ]Evening all...

I've written a basic video effect that simply implements scrolling text across the bottom of the video output. I know DJ Cel's Text2D already does this, but I wanted a few different features. Instead of rendering directly over the video output, mine draws a black box (although that can easily be made optional) drawn over the bottom of the video (just big enough for the font), then draws the text on top of that, making it easy to read IMHO. It makes use of a list box, so you can have lots of messages, one after the other - although a shuffle feature would also be easy. I'm thinking about implementing a sort and import/export function as well so you can save messages easily.

I'm going to give it a good testing this weekend, so if anyone is interested in testing it after that then let me know. I basically wrote it for my needs at one of my gigs, but it's always good to share :)

Probably more interesting to a few of you - I'm considering using this as a basis for an SMS plugin as well. I've done a fair bit of work with SMS over the years and wouldn't mind implementing something to use in VDJ with a mobile phone hooked up...

Let me know your thoughts and ideas ;)

hope that helps guys

Tayla

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 1:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)