Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: *** Items that need to be addressed ***

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here are some items that I feel need addressing by the VDJ development team. This is not a demand list, just a friendly reminder of some of the open issues.

1. Improve program stability. Eliminate all crashing. This is the Number One (#1) priority. It is still crashing on me with various tracks, different systems, regardless of adding more memory. I am not the only person having stabiluty issues. There has to be something that is causing this. Let me know If I can help determine what the cause is.
2. Please add the Ability to change the sensitivity on the HDC and DAC-2. jog wheels so that scratch is adjustable/dynamic.

3. Please add the Ability to use both cue monitors at the same time on HDC. Toggle deck A or B, both, or neither.

4. Please add A way so that the match does NOT start the track when it is press on the DAC-2 and HDC (momentary). Just match BPM, DJ will start the track at the appropiate moment in the song.

5. Please add A way to toggle scratch/bend for HDC jog wheels so DJ does not have to go into config. (Nudge and Scratch) Ideally something that can be controlled from the controller itself. press one button it is in scratch mode, press again, it is in bend mode.

6. Please Fix the XP10 swap feature in the config (it is currently broken)

7. Please Improve the sound quality of the time stretch engine if possible. The master tempo is good but not as good as Traktor DJ in the high quality mode. Also, I can hear noise when the passage is quiet and you are moving the jog wheels slow. Sounds like pops and clicks. I have tried this with 3 separate sound cards, and still hear it. It must be latency?

8. Please fix ASIO mode, I have tried the HDC and echo indigo sound card. VDJ just exits out when I try to enable ASIO.

9. In the playlist manager, it opens up and then closes too quickly. I find many times when I am trying to click the LOCK at the bottom, It is hard to GRAB. Just delay it 1-2 more seconds.

10. Please add options in the config so user can adjust the sound settings of XP10, HDC. Here is an idea:

Currently when HDC mode, the only active RCA out jacks are the FRONT OUT. Normally these go to the amps. This is logical and makes sense. But, consider adding another option...

A) Front out to AMPS
B) Rear out to 'Booth monitor' or amplified speaker (use the same signal as front out above)
C) Leave headphone cue on front of HDC unchanged

WHY? a mirror of the front could be used for a booth monitor or Multiple Zones in a club. i've noticed that when mixing in a club, the echo can mess up a mix since the speakers are far away. If DJ is using only the HDC, they have no booth monitor. Sure, DJ could buy a splitter, but why not use the other RCA jacks??

11. Please leave the pitch slider on the dac-2, xp20 and HDC where it is when a track is loaded! it should NOT reset when a new track is loaded unless the pitch is OFF. If you leave it the way it is now, then the DJ has to slide it up then back down to get it where they had it.

12. what happen to atomix setting (Smart, tempo, fade, none) in config? That was a good feature!

13. I have never been able to use automatic BPM in config. I set it to Enabled and load a track, nothing happens. What I would expect it to do, is match the BPM of the track when you load it. If a Deck A is 123 and the I load a track on Deck B, it should make Deck B 123 BPM.

14. what happen to automatic pitch reset in config? That was a good feature

15. Please add a way for crash guard to send report to DESKTOP as a file so DJ's who do not have internet acess can email it to e-service.

16. Please add a mapper in config so DJ can remap HDC and DAC-2 (like the XP10)

17. Please Change the word 'Desk' to 'Deck'

18. Please make search work for all directory trees (without having to right click and click "Show all" Maybe a button toggle Search All, Search Current tree.

19. Please Add fader start option to the HDC and on screen mixer. Usage: by increasing the Fader on the mixer, the player will automatically override the Pause control and start the music immediately. Fader Start Play also works during Cross Fading. It will start at the cue point each time. If you slam it over and over, it can be like rapping with the slider! You need to try this on a CD deck to understand what i mean.

OVERALL I am VERY impressed with the progress tof his program. I jumped on board when Atomix decided to add DAC-2 support - at that point I knew they were serious.

Since then, it has been fun as hell and I think you guys Rock for listening to the users on this forum.

Keep in mind that Gizmo Labs 'Reflex' is due out , and you will soon have some tough competition. Atomix needs to get the ship in shape for the battle ;-)

Thank you
WirelessDJ

Posted Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 12:40 am
20. A track count in the track list and playlist manager at the bottom or top. When DJ clicks on Hip Hop, a tiny number diplays total number of tracks.

21. In track list and playlist manager, RIGHT CLICK option to select all, select None.

Posted Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 1:11 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
thanks for compiling this wirelessDJ, may I also add:

22. ID3 tag support, built-in (and optional for those who think it'll lead to performance issues)

23. do not use filesize to uniquely identify tracks. this way, if it changes (because of using external tools such as mp3gain or mixmeisterBPManalyzer), you don't loose you vdj analysis and cue points

24. a skin dedicated for users with external controlers and mixers (yeah I know I could make my own, but I'd rather spin), or a well-documented skin template with it's GIMP (free graphic editor) file and commented XML

25. a built-in "metronom" with its own CBG, which could be used as a reference to align all CBGs (track A aligned with metronom CBG, track B aligned with metronom CBG => track A CBG aligned with track B CBG)

26. ability to assign a sequence of actions to xp10 mappings i.e. set the LOAD button to perform load + match tempo with active deck + goto cue 1 + set loop 4 beats + play

27. shortcuts to control FX parameters via a midi-contoller (like FaderFox controllers)

Posted Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 6:17 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You forgot a few

1. Support for .zip karaoke files
2. Support for AAC files
3. Dynamic search mode (search by bpm)
4. QT & Mpg video support
5. Beat active visuals
6. Mouse adjustable CBG
7. A seperate search page (in addition to what we have)
8. Smart playlists
9. Times played counter
10. top 100 tracks played auto generated playlist
11. 1 Turntable mode (1 table for both decks)
12. Fix logging to not log tracks unless played for 1 minute
13. Fix log to show first to last not last to first
14. Fix soundcard config
15. Contact esi for help on making vdj compatiable with their drivers.

Posted Mon 22 Nov 04 @ 7:21 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
5. Please add A way to toggle scratch/bend for HDC jog wheels so DJ does not have to go into config. (Nudge and Scratch) Ideally something that can be controlled from the controller itself. press one button it is in scratch mode, press again, it is in bend mode.

this is not a dream anymore.
you can at a button into the skin, works for the hc-joggs to.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 7:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)