Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual dj and m4p - Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to write my question but here I go anyways. I don't generally buy music from iTunes but the other day I bought 2 cd's of 100 songs. I didn't realize at the time that they are in different format then an mp3 song. I downloaded 2 converters, but my problem is iTunes. I don't actually know where my music is. When I go and export the playlist, file, library etc. It only will export as a txt file or xml file. Converters wont open those files. Any suggestions on what I can do? I bring up the issue of m4p because I cant play m4p on virtual dj. Thanks

Posted Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 11:50 am
suggestions..hmmm.. oh yeah

dont buy itunes.

codecs up to date?

Posted Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 1:03 pm
How do I update my codecs? I looked at the codecs in virtual dj and saw no m4p codec. Can I add it? and how?

Posted Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 1:10 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You cannot play songs purchase from itunes in other applications.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 3:07 pm
I went through some other forums on the net and found a solution. For anyone who has the same question as I heres how you do it. Yes it takes awhile but if you have to do it you have to do it.

In iTunes burn the music to an audio cd. Then import the cd back to iTunes. Before importing go to iTunes---Edit---Prefferences---Advanced---Importing and switch the "Importing using to MP3 Encoder"

Then when you go to your virtual dj if you go to where you put that music it should work.

Posted Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 5:47 pm
adjnuPRO InfinityMember since 2005
each time i make a purchase from itune i,
1. save a playlist of my list of m4ps
2. burn list to cd-rw as .wav file (of course you'll need plenty of cdrws, depending on your list)
3.load burnt cd in itunes it will read cd with
track 1
track 2....

4.now that m4ps are waves you can convert to mp3s and label later or save as playlist you created in step 1.
5. once coverted you can delete cdrw and m4p from drive to save space.

Posted Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 3:43 am
adjnuPRO InfinityMember since 2005
oops didnt read previous post...lol

Posted Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 3:44 am
Way better explanation than mine though.

Posted Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 6:25 pm
VVooDzCUE userMember since 2008
Some m4p files will play natively in VDJ 5.2 but not all.

In config add new codec (name : m4p) codec: Quicktime audio decoder.

Posted Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 1:47 pm
You could use Tunebite to remove the copy protection. This is legal i guess, as you're not illegally passing the music on or copying in any way that's not allowed.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 4:12 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I use, like VanStimo, Tunebite.
Use it only for your own and it will be alright.
But i have read in a other forum thread, at the monet it is not clear, as if this method the same by law like burn it as a private copy on CD. This supposed necessary on a public event.
Otherwise whre is the different to cd?

Also i look not to buy iTunes songs, because the kps, i think, it's too small.

Have a good time
Haui

Posted Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 5:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)