Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: So how solid does VDJ + MK2 run with Vista ???? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Cant help ya there as I use ATI and I set mine to overscan.

Posted Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 7:16 pm
Well, Canspoil, how did it go.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 7:35 pm
It didn't go very well. I'll explain on Monday more in detail. Lets just say I am glad I brought my XP hard drive cause I ended up using it within the first 30 minites.

When I got to the gig... I started up my laptop and CHKDSK ran and I had thousands of file errors on the drive. That may not have helped my cause.

But one thing I noticed... maybe somebody can go more into detail. When a song is playing if I am doing something else on the laptop (like clicking a window in IE)... the song slows down momentarially as if I am hitting the pitch bend button.

I didn't notice this during my automix session because I wasn't actively using the laptop.

Posted Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 10:51 pm
seems like computer that upgrade from xp to vista have more problems than units built with Vista OS already installed with all drivers and software.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 08 @ 11:33 am
fatkatzdj wrote :
seems like computer that upgrade from xp to vista have more problems than units built with Vista OS already installed with all drivers and software.

My laptop is XP and Vista ready. I don't do upgrades. When I installed Vista I install from scratch after a format.

I thought this was a little strange (all the file errors)... so I decided to run manufacturer diagnostics on the hard drive. Baym... found write errors and some bad sectors. Duh.

Sending back for an RMA replacement. That was a third party 160G hard drive I bought too.

It's amazing how many hardware problems I have had with my laptop recently. First the LCD screen. Then the system board. Now a hard drive. Duh!

Maybe i'll give Vista another shot when I get my replacement hard drive back. I don't want to use my existing 250G hard drive since that has my XP install that sort-of works. LOL

Posted Fri 11 Jan 08 @ 10:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)