Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: add back mute scratch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

what do you think of this idea before I post it on the New features forum ?

IDEA: add a back mute to the scratch. that is, when you roll the wheel backwards, VDJ Mutes the sound. it would be like emulating the crossfader and would allow djs to scratch without having a real mixer hooked up. obviously this would be an option and not on all the time for those who want to do baby scratches need both directions

WirelessDJ

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:31 pm
I'm am talking about a check box in config for those who are programming challanged like myself.

Is there a DLL I can pop in the FX folder?

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:42 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just enable the scratch plug-in in v2.05 - there's also a skin that has an autoscratch on/off button (or it can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut)

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:43 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Yes, the checkbox you're looking for is on the "plugin" page in the config (well actually it's not a checkbox but a dropdown, I hope you'll be ok though). ;)

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:44 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
all you have to do is goto the plugins page of config and select which scratch effect you want for each deck...

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:44 pm
I don't see it? will it work with the DAC-2, HDC and Xp10?

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:45 pm
Oh I see it now! can you change the spelling already? DECK! not DESK

hehe thanks

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:45 pm
I think what we really need, especially with the XP10 is a fade assist. I have seen DJs scratching and 99% of the time the crossfader is in sync with the scratch. Muting the sound does not really help that much. I mean fading to the other deck as you scratch.

Posted Sun 21 Nov 04 @ 1:56 am
how does that work?

Posted Sun 21 Nov 04 @ 2:56 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 23 Nov 04 @ 8:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)