Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: moving the jog wheel slowly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Try this...

In config CHECK hercules DJ console "use jogs to scratch"
Close configuration
Now, load a track in deck A
hit play and move track part way into the song to a place that has sound
press Play/Pause (Sound will stop)
rotate the wheel extremely slow, try to count how many clicks you can hear for one revolution.
Note that some spaces are "dead" and the slower you move it, the less it responds. This is part of the problem I have noticed with VDJ and HDC. At first, it appears that the controller is not that accurate, but wait!

In config UNCHECK hercules DJ console "use jogs to scratch"
Close configuration
again, rotate the wheel extremely slow, try to count how many clicks you can hear
It's right on! nearly every virtual click is registered

Conclusion: I am starting to wonder if VDJ is the problem not Hercules!?

Don't get me wrong, I love the way VDJ can spin the wheel backwards on the HDC, it sounds just like vinyl. Even the scratch sounds pretty realistic -- Don't change that. But can it be made more accurate being that the wheels are not the problem? Please don't cripple the controller.

Could this be the same for the DAC-2? Is there a way to test this with the DAC-2 and XP10?

WirelessDJ

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 1:51 pm
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You're right! I was wondering what that was all about when slowly turning the jog wheel trying to find the start of a beat. Would be nice to somehow mix the two modes together into one.

You can easily see what the jog wheels are sending out by using the hercules mapper and then opening up notepad - as you turn the jog wheels you'll see the key-presses come out.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 04 @ 3:50 pm
If I get the third Hercules DJ console from J&R Music World, and it still is not accurate, then there is a problem with VirtualDJ.

Posted Sat 20 Nov 04 @ 1:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)