Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Controllers to support VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please post controllers that you would like VDJ to be compatible with.

Reminder this is merely suggestions and we do not have to add support. :)

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 1:30 am
I have tried (or owned at one time) nearly every controller on the market (really).

Let's see, Virtual DJ Currently Supports...

PCDJ DAC-2 MP3 Controller
Numark DMC-1
hercules DJ Console
Divinyl 2020 controller
XP10 controller
Time coded vinyl
UC33e Mixtable

Here are the ones you do NOT have...

All three BPM Studio RCP controllers (RCP-1001, RCP-2001A, RCP-2001B
Peavey DAI (with touch screen)
American Audio Pro Mix
New Visiosonic controller (not out yet)
X10 Radio Remote Control (RF)

WirelessDJ

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 1:35 am
I'd love support for the Alcatech RCP-1001, RCP-2001A and RCP-2001B. PLEASE!

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 2:42 am
I would like the American Dj Promix to be compatible. Its just a paper weight with the worthless software and no updates. And American Dj could care less. They are not someone you should ever do bussiness with.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 3:24 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
How about Vdj to design its own rackmount controller?

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 4:52 am
How about a full size turntable with a time coded Cd under the platter with a lazer eye just like a cd player has. Have it connect to a usb port and interface with VDJ . This way the platter will spin all the time. So you scratch just like a regular turn table.This unit needs to be full size no cheaping out on feature.As you start a new song the unit resets itself to the beginning of the cd.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 5:58 am
The pro mix is a great controller I'd love to see it supported!! (it has a crossfader) because ADJ dosn't know how to make software vdj does, perhaps a partnership is in order. This would revive a dying controller and put it to good use.

THe new peavy controller is already supported because its a midi device. (however) Vdj comes up a little short because of its omni midi support and no midi clock out. in other words the display would be usless.

I'd like to see vdj step up to the controller market (would be a good thing) WE CAN TELL YOU HOW TO MAKE A GREAT CONTROLLER!

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 5:01 pm
I visualize a rack mount or set on table style controller that has an aluminum hockey puck mounted upright to use to scratch.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 5:30 pm
While on the subject, its very important to be able to map these controllers, either thru midi or thru the program itself. That way each user could personalize his controller, just like say on the dac for example if you could map the pitch silders as volumes and the sync to match (without play) then you don't need a mixer. Just so the team understands just how useful controller mapping could be.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 04 @ 7:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)